Thread: M&p shield plus sights

M&p shield plus sights

Looking for advice on a set of sights for my m&p shield plus. Looking for night sights something easy to pic up for older eyes black back site I don’t want three dot sights rather have just a black rear site. Any opinions would be nice. Thanks for everyone’s time.

https://handguncombatives.store/coll...ts-by-ameriglo

I just got these today. I hope to install them next week and get to the range.

Lots of options since the plus runs the same sights as the revious gen Shields. Take a look at Night Fision as well. You can configure with blacked out rear.

I am a big fan of a big orange front night sight like XS R3D....or Trijicon or Ameriglo. My Shield Plus I waited until I could get factory one with the Ameriglo which is what S&W uses.

I've done many vids Shield Plus compared to other pistols in my "Practical Carry" vid and my vs Model 12 Revo vid AND in my Realistic Dicken Drill vid....... it performs WELL above it's size and weight you would see compared to many others.

If really aging eyes, or you more worried about far greater probabilties than possibilties Re engagement distances...

OG XS Big Dots should be considered as well.

I recommend a fiber optic front sight(tritium optional)to go with the blacked out rear and a WML to be part of your sight system. This will allow you to see the light between sight post(easier to aquire with old eyes vs dots) In fact, you can also do with a plain front sight using the WML, but if the light fails. Tritium cause blurring for me. Fiber optics pick up low light quite well, but make sure to choose one with minimal shrouding to gather more light.
    This system prove superior to me over an optic. Faster aquisition, better accuracy.
    What I have found when changing sights is that you have to give them a try for several weeks to get a good idea of the pros and cons. Dont be afraid to go back to a system that worked better. So, dont get rid of your old sights until you are absolutely sure the are inadequate.

User Tag List