Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: TDA G26 equivalent?

The advantage of LEM vs SCD is this: The SCD provides a manual safety to a Glock, which is nice particularly on a SFA gun carried in an appendix holster. LEM provides a longer triggerpull travel, giving you more time to get off the trigger if you don't want to make the shot.

While there are HK LEM variants that also add a manual safety lever, the P30SK isn't one of them, at least as on orderable SKU. I don't know if HK can add one to a P30SK LEM, but frankly I think you'd likely more from switching the light trigger rebound spring to at least the medium-weight one.

LEM is aimed primarily for LEOs involved in threat management with a drawn weapon, it's my impression that the SCD is aimed more for the personal safety of the user, particularly when re-holstering.

If you peruse several of the LEM threads on p-f, most will establish that there's a bit of a learning curve to LEM. Organizationally and individually, I think there's a huge benefit to it, especially when compared to a short trigger travel, relatively light/soft breaking SFA, particularly like the SIG-Sauer P320/P365. A Glock has a harder wall at the trigger break point.

I'll recommend Darryl Boelke/Dagga Boy's superb discussion of LEM and comparing it to other actions.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....t-trigger-quot

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    How do you find the 92 compact carries? It’s seems like a “big small gun”.

I’ve thought about one for AIWB. Glocks are great, but I much prefer a safety or TDA/DAO trigger. The SCD/NY1 is close but I would like a little more.
    I haven’t carried it much yet, mainly because I haven’t had enough extra carry HPs on hand to vet it and I won’t carry it with RN. I just took delivery of a quantity of HST, so I will be able to shoot it in and consider it for carry. I also have a JMCK IWB3 on order so I can try getting back to IWB, I do have a OWB2 for it right now.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    The advantage of LEM vs SCD is this: The SCD provides a manual safety to a Glock, which is nice particularly on a SFA gun carried in an appendix holster. LEM provides a longer triggerpull travel, giving you more time to get off the trigger if you don't want to make the shot.

While there are HK LEM variants that also add a manual safety lever, the P30SK isn't one of them, at least as on orderable SKU. I don't know if HK can add one to a P30SK LEM, but frankly I think you'd likely more from switching the light trigger rebound spring to at least the medium-weight one.

LEM is aimed primarily for LEOs involved in threat management with a drawn weapon, it's my impression that the SCD is aimed more for the personal safety of the user, particularly when re-holstering.

If you peruse several of the LEM threads on p-f, most will establish that there's a bit of a learning curve to LEM. Organizationally and individually, I think there's a huge benefit to it, especially when compared to a short trigger travel, relatively light/soft breaking SFA, particularly like the SIG-Sauer P320/P365. A Glock has a harder wall at the trigger break point.

I'll recommend Darryl Boelke/Dagga Boy's superb discussion of LEM and comparing it to other actions.

Best, Jon
    I do have a LEM P2000sk, but haven’t really worked much with it. I hadn’t considered it for this because it’s not easily set up for RDS. I would like to try a P30sk LEM to see how I get on with it compared to a G26.

I tend to accumulate pistols, but my carry guns really don’t change much over time. G19, G45, G26, G27, G43 and the odd duck P365 do the heavy lifting. That I’m considering a shift to TDA for carry is a major thing for me.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

LTT used to offer their customized version of the Springfield Armory XD-E sub-compact 9mm pistol. Springfield Armory has discontinued them, but some retailers, distributors and gunshops still have some new ones for sale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFnPegKTCkQ

Just as a point of reference to the aforementioned Beretta PX4 SC - there is one for sale right now at our local Cabela’s (Greenville, SC) if anyone is hunting one. Price was $449. Just thought I would mention it given the topic at hand and some people having said it was somewhat difficult to track down. (This one is not listed on the Gun Library webpage as of tonight)

I have had the p30sk in LEM and I miss that gun. It was very accurate for me and the trigger setup felt safe in an AIWB application. It was slower - not by much - but still slower than the G19 and G26 at the end of the day.

I have had 3 different 3rd Gen S&W ( 910s, 3913, 3953) and I would not consider any of them a true G26 corollary. But - they are great carry guns as well.

My primary carry remains my PX4CC.

My 92fs compact and 92d centurion are capable … but I don’t train with them often or carry them. They are big and don’t. offer me any advantage over the PX4

In the end, my G26 got horse-traded to a friend for a p365x with a safety and a Holosun 407k on it … not TDA as the OP mentioned … but the added layer of safety with the MS is intriguing to me … and for reference all of my Glocks have SCD’s on them.

As so many have mentioned … the G26 is a Goldilocks gun … but I would replace the p30sk before picking up another G26 … but that is just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JPedersen View Post

In the end, my G26 got horse-traded to a friend for a p365x with a safety and a Holosun 407k on it … not TDA as the OP mentioned … but the added layer of safety with the MS is intriguing to me … and for reference all of my Glocks have SCD’s on them.
    Had a conversation with some friends about this yesterday. I want *a* form of reserve parachute on reholstering, because there are so many options that offer that, why not take it. Not to avoid the need for safe holstering, but to stack the deck in your favor against your own humanity whether that's TDA, SCD, or manual safety. Even the grip safety on the EZ and Equalizer interests me for this role. I have trash mobility in my right thumb so it's TDA for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Had a conversation with some friends about this yesterday. I want *a* form of reserve parachute on reholstering, because there are so many options that offer that, why not take it. Not to avoid the need for safe holstering, but to stack the deck in your favor against your own humanity whether that's TDA, SCD, or manual safety. Even the grip safety on the EZ and Equalizer interests me for this role. I have trash mobility in my right thumb so it's TDA for me.
    I agree! I wonder who will come out with a TDA in that Glock 26 size? It is so helpful to have the community to hash out options… man I appreciate all of the PF crew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post

Best, Jon
    Years ago, I owned a USPc, 40, with the LEM. From what I remember, it wasn't half bad. I wish I would have given it more of a try, but at the 40 was falling out of grace with the shooting world...
    Now, if I could find an inexpensive 40, that was non Glock, I'd probably buy it as a woods gun between 9mm and 45colt.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Non-blowback, slightly wider, alloy-framed 9mm Walther PPK with new gen skinny 10rd & 12rd mags would be slick.

Surprised they haven't done that or a PPS m3/PDP micro yet.

Re mentions of p2000's LEM...
    I scoured GB as I would like to try one in .40, as 9mm hks with plus p plus handle recoil like other pistols w plus P IMO. So even p2000 being rather small goldilocks size and weight for a Hammer Carry...I bet they handle 40 well and was CBP/DHS major purchase back in the day.

But P2000 and uspc's etc their LEM's were HEAVY LEM which I don't think I would like at all. I do like Light LEM. apparently you can easily change 2 of the 3 required springs...but I personally don't do that stuff and would have to pay to take it to a guy.

Just a mention, that I think any p2000 LEM's...are going to be the Heavy OG LEM.

Not sure what the original intent is other than a channge to TDA-DA/SA it seemed like (is this for a particular reason? I'm a DA/SA and light LEM fan). It's an interesting read though.

Not a glock or pinky dangler fan...so am wondering if people running 26s were with a plus 2 base added or using a 19 mag in them to get full grip or what?

User Tag List