Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: the DWX lives....

I'm beyond stoked for the DWX, and hope it marks the beginning of a trend for more sliding trigger, non 2011 mag pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    I'm very interested in the compact model. As for it not being optic ready, I'm done with universal options that require an adapter plate; however, I am loath to void the warranty on such a price point gun by having it direct milled. I'll wait a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I'm glad to see this inching towards fruition, as I've long been interested. However, I do see a problem with not making it optics ready. In the current market that immediately puts it behind the curve. I haven't made the jump to electronic sights as of yet. But, unless it's some kind of legacy weapon I'd be hesitant to invest in one without that option.
    I've been interested in the compact version since they were first teased. I'm still dot-curious, but would like to avoid messing with adapter plates.

I wonder if the DWX would be compatible with the Nighthawk IOS?

https://www.nighthawkcustom.com/inte...e-optic-system
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I've been interested in the compact version since they were first teased. I'm still dot-curious, but would like to avoid messing with adapter plates.

https://www.nighthawkcustom.com/inte...e-optic-system
    The compact is the one that really piqued my interest. The Nighthawk system is the one I've found most intriguing, being a 1911 user.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Compatibility with IOS would be cool, but might be a little challenging because DWX has an external extractor. As it is, its axis pin protrudes into the area where IOS is. Not saying it's impossible - maybe they just need to replace a roll pin with a normal pin, and then use the optics plate to keep it in place.

That of course assumes that Nighthawk do not decide to be a stick in the mud and agree to license their patents for a sliding optics plate for a reasonable amount.
    Last edited by zaitcev; 12-20-2022 at 10:52 AM.

Can’t wait to see their compact and better still maybe they will do a sub as well!!

Site Supporter
    Personally, I'm not interested in having optics on a pistol. Not saying you shouldn't... or that optics are dumb... I just don't personally have any interest there--and I'm sure there are plenty of "me" out there. So, I think it'll sell in its current form. And I don't think there's any reason to assume they won't introduce an optics-ready version down the road. Just gives them an excuse to build more buzz with the next "introduction."

It's a gun I'd buy primarily to experience sublimely excellent shooting dynamics (assuming it... has those). Beyond that, I think it would sorta fill the "super-accurate-but-large" occasional/winter carry gun. And if its slide is more along the lines of a 1911 in terms of width (versus a CZ's frame), for me, it would be even more attractive in that role.

I was initially more interested in the compact. But I dunno--I've been more into full-size guns lately. And I'm sure that long slide and barrel would make it soooo sweet to shoot.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

BTW, I'm a little relieved that the announced DWX Compact with an incompatible magazine was un-announced. They now have the time to reconsider.

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    BTW, I'm a little relieved that the announced DWX Compact with an incompatible magazine was un-announced. They now have the time to reconsider.
    Ah that is a good point. If I remember correctly from the first reveal years ago, the compact took CZ 75 P01/PCR/Compact mags and as we see now the full size take P09/P10F mags.

Quote Originally Posted by claymore504 View Post
    Ah that is a good point. If I remember correctly from the first reveal years ago, the compact took CZ 75 P01/PCR/Compact mags and as we see now the full size take P09/P10F mags.
    This is correct. The 75 mags allow the compact to be thinner and lighter. P10 mags were chosen for the full size to give capacity required in 40 for USPSA.
    FN America DSM
    Cajun Gun Works and Shooters World Powder shooting team member

Site Supporter
    I actually bought a couple P09's so I could have some DWX mags that would be otherwise useful since it didn't look like this was coming anytime soon.

User Tag List