Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For all my fellow Warhammer 40k fans

Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    I don't understand that, BattleTech has been frozen in stasis for most of the last two decades, only recently thawing out.
    The big expansion started in the late-80s/early-90s when Kerensky's descendants and The Clans returned and started driving for the Inner Sphere. Each major Clan had it's own series of books, along with the 5(?) Houses and some of the major merc units.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I was a BattleTech nerd so I'm W40K curious. Thing is, just like the BattleTech universe expanded faster than I could keep up, the W40K universe seems to be just a big and I have no idea where to start with the books.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I was about to say something snarky about since it’s Amazon a bunch of woke diversity casting, but then I realized that they’ve pretty much got that covered if they include Eldar.
    Same as awp, I haven't read W40K but have read and enjoyed a bunch of "adjacent" works. It'll be good. I may need to start reading.

I am curious how long it will take Amazon to fuck this up. They almost always do (I'm reminded of the Scorpion and the Frog), but if they can create something good before completing the act, it'll be worth the watch.
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Henry Cavill to star in and help produce a W40k series on Amazon

https://www.thewrap.com/henry-cavill...ibextid=Zxz2cZ

Inquisitor series? Gaunt’s Ghosts or other Guard unit? Space Marine? Adeptus Mechanicus? What’s your preference?

I’m torn between an Inquisitor Series or a Space Marine series. Maybe either with some Sisters of Battle thrown in.
    I think it's got to be either Inquisitor or Inquisitor adjacent, or some kind of spy/Special Ops unit. You can't have constant battles all the time for budget reasons, and I think you need the intrigue and downtime of people operating in secret. I think Cavill has got to be playing a Space Marine. Why would you make a 40k show without a Space Marine character, and how would you have Henry Cavill in your show involving Space Marines and not make him a Space Marine?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    The big expansion started in the late-80s/early-90s when Kerensky's descendants and The Clans returned and started driving for the Inner Sphere. Each major Clan had it's own series of books, along with the 5(?) Houses and some of the major merc units.
    After the Inner Sphere settled Clan hash, ComStar popped up everywhere to start the Jihad against everyone. Somewhere along the line, someone pulled the plug on ALL the HPGs, ending all interstellar communications and plunged the galaxy into the Dark Age. All the Great Houses lost control of their empires, shattering the Inner Sphere.

What’s happened since, I lost track of.

What world do we live in where WH40k gets a movie before Battletech? Thanks for nuthin, Uncle Joe.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    I think it's got to be either Inquisitor or Inquisitor adjacent, or some kind of spy/Special Ops unit. You can't have constant battles all the time for budget reasons, and I think you need the intrigue and downtime of people operating in secret. I think Cavill has got to be playing a Space Marine. Why would you make a 40k show without a Space Marine character, and how would you have Henry Cavill in your show involving Space Marines and not make him a Space Marine?
    Which is why I think a series based on the Deathwatch would be awesome. Deathwatch and Inquisitors working together to root out and destroy heretics and xenos threats. “Suffer not the alien to live”, indeed. Lots of intrigue and a season ending ginormous battle. Just sayin’
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

For those of you into the miniatures, The Butterfingered Modeller is a W40K fan and paints miniatures when he's not building or reviewing "regular" models: Warhammer 40K posts
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by The Rat View Post
    Also, obligatory:

The next panel in that meme should be her leaving with the adult dude sitting the next row down. 🙂
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

User Tag List