Thread: True north concepts mha question.

True north concepts mha question.

Has anyone used one of these with a safariland paddle instead of a direct attachment to a belt. Looking at a use for quick on/off when going from complete plain clothes to use with an external marked carrier. Just the paddle and the qls to the holster sets it too high in general and the vest then doesn’t help any.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Ndbbm View Post
    Has anyone used one of these with a safariland paddle instead of a direct attachment to a belt. Looking at a use for quick on/off when going from complete plain clothes to use with an external marked carrier. Just the paddle and the qls to the holster sets it too high in general and the vest then doesn’t help any.

Jason
    Doesn’t seem like it’d work, since you need the bottom hook for the paddle to be secure. You can always go with a tek-lok style attachment. I keep a single strap drop leg, with a UFA, and the equipment quick attach belt loop Safariland sells for use in that role if needed.

The other option I’ve used is a Tek-Lok on the UBL. I can’t remember the company that actually sells these. The one I bought has a negative can’t built in. Here’s a link to the concept:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....riland-UBL-Mod

Another option would be the Rogers Shooting School setup of the Safariland paddle attached to the drop flex adapter, with a single strap shroud. I’ll try to post a pic later (when I’m not posting from my phone)

Both thanks for the info. The paddle option is for another guy, I do wonder if there isn’t a place to attach the bottom hook though. I found out the Safariland paddles don’t work for me at all. I’m leaning towards just moving the gun (Glock 43x from an appendix holster to a small Safariland holster on the vest or if I take the time to put a gun belt on then the qls attachment there. Otherwise it’s going to be a Glock 17 on the gun gun belt. The second option, the paddle and the flex adapter had been talked about too, both of us were trying to avoid a leg strap if possible. New assignment for me and I’ve not had to deal with this before.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Ndbbm View Post
    Both thanks for the info. The paddle option is for another guy, I do wonder if there isn’t a place to attach the bottom hook though. I found out the Safariland paddles don’t work for me at all. I’m leaning towards just moving the gun (Glock 43x from an appendix holster to a small Safariland holster on the vest or if I take the time to put a gun belt on then the qls attachment there. Otherwise it’s going to be a Glock 17 on the gun gun belt. The second option, the paddle and the flex adapter had been talked about too, both of us were trying to avoid a leg strap if possible. New assignment for me and I’ve not had to deal with this before.

Jason
    Lots of options. If you want to discuss offline some time DM me. Depending on your job can change a lot on how you do this, but what I’ve generally found works (for me, I’m no SME) is to carry a 19 with DCC clips AIWB, using a blue alpha, or other decent under belt. If I need to bust out quickly, I’ll toss my vest on, and have a decent sized handgun already with the 19. I carry at least one of everything on my vest (rifle mag, pistol mag, TQ, handcuff, etc.), and a spare mag in my pocket, so I’ll have the minimum. If there’s time, or we’re doing something pre-planned, I’ll take off the 19, and put my outer belt on with my Glock 34, mags, handcuffs, more Med gear, etc. Reverse of that is ditching the belt and throwing the 19 into the waistband.

I understand the desire to avoid leg straps, but I gave up and run leg straps now. Especially with a regular CCW pants belt, I find that the holsters are always too floppy unless it’s some sort of a pancake style holster.

It kind of sounds like you're expecting to have at least some kind of notice for when you'll want/need to throw on your outer vest. If that's the case, I'd permanently mount a holster for the larger, more capable pistol on it, and relegate the 43X to backup role when you need to "kit up."

If you're thinking about something that's going to be a "oh crap" throw on vest, I don't know that swapping pistols and holsters is going to be the best option. In that kind of situation, I want as little changed from my everyday setup as possible.

User Tag List