Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Revolver concealed carry holsters

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I see the PMK as being a somewhat lower version of a Nelson Professional/BN55 type. (BN55 is Milt Sparks’ version of the Nelson Professional.) This has me wondering if I might happen to still have a BN55 around here, anywhere, though if so, it would be for an auto, not a revolver, so, perhaps not enabling an apples-to-apples comparison.

A Barranti CCR is definitely a high-ride holster.

I think that I do still have a Kramer Vertical Scabbard, for a revolver. I will try to set-up a comparison shot, with a PMK, reasonably soon.

Which revolver size?
    Yeah, thanks. The pmk does look like it sits a little lower.

N frame

I CC my S&W mod 66-8 in a Safariland N0 28 pancake holster. These are vintage holsters that I have used for decades, and have served me well.
    The black one is swede lined, but the other that carries the RIA M200 4" is not. Here I am wearing the black one with a S&W mod 69

Name:  S-W-mod-66-8-with-Safariland-28-holster.jpg
Views: 800
Size:  57.5 KBName:  CC-SW-69a.jpg
Views: 807
Size:  27.5 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    Attachment 98429

Attachment 98430

I think it would work with a heavier cover shirt, but I think the IWB would be a better choice. When I ordered mine I could not get any modifications to it. I specifically asked for a straight drop and they would not do that for me. I am no @Lost River though...

I think you are going to have a hard time finding anything that will let you carry IWB concealed while carrying a little one in a backpack carrier.
    Those bullet molds sure do look familiar.😀

Kydex OWB

I have numerous leather revolver holsters from Milt Sparks, El Paso and Galco, Leahy, but would like close fit, OWB holster in Kydex for my 4 inch GP100 and New Vaquero 45 LC 4 5/8". Leather is nice for many reasons but Kydex can be thinner, more secure, and easier to clean and maintain in the rain and snow. Got forbid that someone would make one for SAA revolvers but that is what I would like despite the hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashman View Post
    I have numerous leather revolver holsters from Milt Sparks, El Paso and Galco, Leahy, but would like close fit, OWB holster in Kydex for my 4 inch GP100 and New Vaquero 45 LC 4 5/8". Leather is nice for many reasons but Kydex can be thinner, more secure, and easier to clean and maintain in the rain and snow. Got forbid that someone would make one for SAA revolvers but that is what I would like despite the hate.
    I think if you looked for horsehide holsters you'd be surprised how thin they are and they're denser so they don't absorb moisture like cowhide.

It just might be easier for you to find

Quote Originally Posted by Flashman View Post
    I have a OWB1 from JM Custom that fits my 3” GP-100 and rides well concealed under a loose button up or sweatshirt. I like it well enough that I ordered a second for my 4” GP. It’s not listed as an option but they’ll make one if you specify it under comments.

Good luck finding one for a SAA,

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    I have a OWB1 from JM Custom that fits my 3” GP-100 and rides well concealed under a loose button up or sweatshirt. I like it well enough that I ordered a second for my 4” GP. It’s not listed as an option but they’ll make one if you specify it under comments.
    Do you mind posting a picture of the holster? I have a JMCK appendix holster but it may be nice to have an OWB holster for it as well.

Do you mind posting a picture of the holster? I have a JMCK appendix holster but it may be nice to have an OWB holster for it as well.
    I knew you were going to ask because I’m traveling this holiday and that holster is 350 miles away in a drawer.

It’s basically this holster with slightly different belt loops.

https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/OWB.html

I can post pix next week.

Name:  E7DAC3E8-7F1D-4B1B-9946-8EE44D542CA0.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  55.2 KB

Back today, I ran a belt thru the loops to give an idea how it rides.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Do I have this right? You want to on occasion cover the gun with the shirt that's under the kiddo carrier waist belt?
    As you know you're looking for an unusual holster. High & tight is common, low and tight not so much. I've carried a 4" N-frame for several years now all day every day usually just under a t shirt but sometimes a button up shirt and the grips are what "make the tent stand out", I normally stick with big honkin full size grips so I have to have a holster that tucks them in close. I also need a higher holster to cover the bottom of it with a shirt. With all the links I have to N-frame holsters I haven't seen a low & tight type (yet).
    If I got it correct (cover the gun with the shirt under the belt) that will make it quite a bit more difficult, It's a large gun even without that handicap of constricting the shirt just above the gun.
    Lose the kiddo carrier waist belt and the world is yours but that might be too unstable.
    As someone said, IWB SS type might be good with the 2 year old on board but maybe not so hot for every day use.
    I don't think you'll find a holster that'll do both things you want to do but I hope you can. Low ride makes it difficult to cover a 4" N frame. Good luck.

User Tag List