Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Revolver concealed carry holsters

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    The CCR is is actually what started this. The website states
    "Barranti Leather is proud to introduce our new line of concealed carry holsters. These holsters were designed to address issues that can make traditionally styled holsters less than ideal for concealed carry.

What issues? Traditionally styled holsters tend to have a narrow belt loop which concentrates the weight of the over a small area of the belt. This tends to drag the belt down, which then makes the wearer constantly tug at their belt. Additionally, the narrow belt loop doesn’t do enough to keep the gun pulled in snug to the body"

I keep coming back to this one as well. I keep telling myself to order from the direct line instead of building a custom with the fancy tooling and lining. If it works, then I can go all fancy. The speed loader pouch from there is different and will be part of my order.

Privateer Leather has several models of pancakes that has different ride heights you may want to look at, too.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    I found this interesting rig in my carton full of revolver holsters…

Name:  70D90F27-42E3-4B1A-B6F4-58BB06A64755.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  100.7 KB

It’s a convertible from DeSantis for K/L-frames with a loop for vertical IWB carry and a jacket slot on the other side for OWB. Shame the holster mouth isn’t reinforced better. Long discontinued, I reckon.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I have a couple of usable kydex aiwb holsters. My problem is that carrying at say 1:00 doesn't allow me much negative cant, which means that when I go to grip the gun I really have to crank my elbow and wrist a lot to try to get as high a grip on the revolver as I'd like. I find I do not do a good job getting a solid grip and either have to adjust or just live with a poor grip. Am I the only one with this problem? I don't think I have any range of motion problems with my arms/wrists, nor do I think I grip a revolver freakishly high. I'd try a crossdraw, which I think would make the grip angle much better for me, but it kind of seems like they don't tend to conceal super well.
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

I have that Sparks holster right down to the carving. I do not think it will serve well for concealing.
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

My first custom holster was a SS from Sparks in the late 70’s. I still use it today.
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by paul105 View Post

I like the looks of those belt loops. Lots of area to spread the load.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Moylan View Post
    I have a couple of usable kydex aiwb holsters. My problem is that carrying at say 1:00 doesn't allow me much negative cant, which means that when I go to grip the gun I really have to crank my elbow and wrist a lot to try to get as high a grip on the revolver as I'd like. I find I do not do a good job getting a solid grip and either have to adjust or just live with a poor grip. Am I the only one with this problem? I don't think I have any range of motion problems with my arms/wrists, nor do I think I grip a revolver freakishly high. I'd try a crossdraw, which I think would make the grip angle much better for me, but it kind of seems like they don't tend to conceal super well.
    With the 5-position adjustable cant on my Bianchi 3S for three-inch K-frames, I should do some research into this.

It certainly seems a vertical AIWB would be really suboptimal for a wheelgun.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I have a Pillager IWB for 3” Python from Privateer that should ship any day now. Pictures to be posted once it arrives.

https://www.privateerleather.com/pillager

I would rate the Milt Sparks 200AW as being concealable under a coat. Perhaps a sport coat, if full-cut, and made of something like Harris Tweed. Having defined deltoids and lats would be helpful. I could make it work, at 6’, 165#, ~32” waist, with my Harris Tweed sort coat, if nobody looked too closely. Same with a photo/safari vest, more or less. (That was 80s/90s/00s; less so in middle age.) I think of the 200AW as more of a field holster, when one wants the weapon to be a bit behind the hip, rather than at 0300.

The Milt Sparks PMK conceals noticeably much better.

The Barranti CCR conceals decently well, but it angles a hammer spur to really rasp-away at one’s arms and cover garments, so, take that into account.

Just my opinions.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

BOLO

My deltoids and lats have been MIA for decades. I have given up on ever finding them. I pocket holster an Uncle Mike's #3 size for my S&W 340PD. Works without flaw so far.

User Tag List