Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Revolver concealed carry holsters

Revolver concealed carry holsters

@Lost River poster this
    Name:  SoOQvEV.jpg
Views: 1185
Size:  60.7 KB

How concealable are these? Compared to a N frame pancake? Baranti makes a Hank Sloan similar to that. They also make a ccr with what seems a wider belt loop.

I'm kinda looking for something that conceals as well as a pancake but sits lower. I'd like a single holster for EDC and packing a 2yo in a ruck.

Mine is for a GP100 is not a concealment rig. I love it, but it is a BBQ or out in the field type holster.
    Last edited by Flamingo; 12-13-2022 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Words are hard

Following

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    Mine is for a GP100 is not a concealment rig. I love it, but it is a BBQ or out in the field type holster.
    I mean, how much does it stick out

Name:  IMG_20221205_155915.jpg
Views: 1169
Size:  78.8 KB

I have worn and concealed a 200 AW quite a bit over the years. Often with a light shirt. That said, it may not be as concealable as a pancake design it certainly works. For a guy who is more stout like you are, I think it would actually not be too hard.

Another option you may want to look at, and may seem outside the norm, but you may want to consider a Summer Special. Recently I had one made for a 4" N Frame, and I can tell you that after just a couple of test runs, getting a feel for it, in terms of how it distributes the weight, and how comfortable it is, that it is going to see a lot of use in the near future.

One of the things I have always liked about the IWB rigs, and Summer Special in particular, when it comes to carrying a 5" Government Model, which is a heavy gun, compared to a lot of others, is that when worn with a good belt, the Summer Special really offset the weight and made carrying a heavy gun far more comfortable.

So I figured I would try it with an N Frame. I was a bit concerned with the cylinder width, but it ends up, that is a non-issue. It is very comfortable and distributes the weight quite nicely for all day carry. I am glad I took a pic of it as it looks new, as I know by this time next year it likely won't look nearly as nice.

Anyways, the 200AW is never a wrong answer for an OWB rig, especially for an N Frame. But for you and all you do and considering your lifestyle and the fact you place concealment as a pretty high priority, you may want to look at a Summer Special.

The one shown is a straight drop, which is not standard. The standard is a forward cant of some degree percentage that I do not know. I am sure its on their website or you could call and ask. I prefer straight drop holsters for a variety of reasons.

Hope this helps.

Name:  IMG_1267.jpg
Views: 1177
Size:  43.9 KB

Name:  IMG_1268.jpg
Views: 1186
Size:  45.9 KB

I think it would work with a heavier cover shirt, but I think the IWB would be a better choice. When I ordered mine I could not get any modifications to it. I specifically asked for a straight drop and they would not do that for me. I am no @Lost River though...

I think you are going to have a hard time finding anything that will let you carry IWB concealed while carrying a little one in a backpack carrier.
    Last edited by Flamingo; 12-13-2022 at 08:55 PM.

Flamingo,

I see you currently suffer from the same disease that I do..

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Flamingo,

I see you currently suffer from the same disease that I do..
    You don't look fat like me! I almost didn't post the picture because the roll over my belt.
    Last edited by Flamingo; 12-13-2022 at 08:57 PM. Reason: clarity

Have had a 200 AW, but sure like the two PMKs I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    You don't look fat like me! I almost didn't post the picture because the roll over my belt.
    That is just bulking up for winter!

I seemed to have slowed down on my hiking up and down the mountains in the last 2-3 years and my butt fell off somewhere!

Once life returns to something that is actually livable I need to get back to being outdoors a whole lot more and putting in some miles and elevation.

User Tag List