Page 6 of 70 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: A300 Ultima Patrol

A buddy and I were discussing our return to the USA wantsies, and we're both got the watsies for a 1301... so if Beretta brings something out that's in that financial sweet spot between the 1301 and a Mossy 590, we'd be interested.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I’ve got a bunch of Beretta pistols, and have always wanted a Beretta semi-auto shotgun. Maybe this will finally be what it takes for me to get one?

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    All I'm curious about is if this new model is going to make those of us who already have a 1301T feel jealous?
    I've dumped a fair bit of change into my 1301T and really don't want to fight another craving.
    If this a more economical version I'm perfectly happy with that and it makes a lot of sense.
    I think you'll be a-okay. I have a gen 1 1301T that I've done some work to, and that's not going anywhere; just gonna make some room for the new ones too. The really fun thing will be this is one of 3 or 4 neat product launches we have planned around SHOT.
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben_G View Post
    I think you'll be a-okay. I have a gen 1 1301T that I've done some work to, and that's not going anywhere; just gonna make some room for the new ones too. The really fun thing will be this is one of 3 or 4 neat product launches we have planned around SHOT.
    I can dream that one of them is a carbine-length PMX or an upgraded CX4 that kicks the ever-lovin' glutes of the AR-based 9mm's and the Ruger PC's.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

The really fun thing will be this is one of 3 or 4 neat product launches we have planned around SHOT.
    Narrator: And with that one offhand comment, Ben_G sent the denizens of pistol-forum dot com into an absolute frenzy.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    It's unlikely to make you throw down your 1301T and put on sackcloth and ashes. (I almost never get to use Bible jokes!)

But if maybe you wanted second tactical shotgun...

(Bible joke AND LOTR reference.
    And for someone coming from pumps who wanted their first semi-auto, I’m guessing this thing wouldn’t be a bad choice?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CarloMNL View Post
    And for someone coming from pumps who wanted their first semi-auto, I’m guessing this thing wouldn’t be a bad choice?
    No, it would not.

Just be prepared to put in the work to learn new manual of arms / manipulations. Including working around an optic, and you will want an optic to maximize the potential of the semi.

Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    How will this new, unknown model#/named shotgun compare or fit into Beretta's line-up with the 1301?

-Will the 1301 be discontinued or not?
    -will the new one significantly cost less or more?
    -will the new shotgun have an actual "Made in the USA" marking and negate the potential U.S.A. 922R issues?

OTHER.
    -How well is Beretta at customer service, parts, and availability? (I've heard mixed reviews, somewhat negative for its pistol line.)
    -When is the release date (1/17/2023 is beginning of ShotShow'23) as to when the Youtube and other reviewers start posting?
    -How well is Beretta meeting its consumer demand and supply-chain related issues?

I suppose most of us will be awaiting and seeing at a later time. I'd just like to know a bit more for personal budgetary issues as I'll be considering a replacement for my, vintage/discontinued/defunct/unsupported, Remington 11-87P.

I could have already bought into the Benelli M4 or Beretta 1301, but other expenditures have been getting prioritized in my life.

I realized I missed this one. I wont be able to answer everything just yet, but:

- The 1301 is most certainly NOT going to be discontinued. Not even a little bit. In fact, I've got separate stuff I'm working on for that platform as well.
    - I don't think I can really comment specifics on price, but I a lot of folks here have gotten it right, and we know what line in the market is wide open.
    - This gun will be marked "Beretta USA Corp., Gallatin TN, Made in the USA"

For the other; we had a bit of a stumble during COVID, and CS went under new management. They've rebuilt a lot, and are continuing to improve systems and expand; I'm not going to say we're perfect there, but its an area we're investing in to improve on continuously. We are stocking spare parts on this gun with CS pre-launch just in case. Release date for this gun is in January; can't say specific days because that's not really my department and I don't know what they have planned there or what the social landscape will look like.

As to meeting demand and supply chain, I can't really share our position, but anyone in manufacturing can tell you the world isn't quite back to 100% pre-vid stability, and anyone in the industry can tell you things are in a fairly unique position right now (at least it looks that way with the data I have access to).
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

Our manual of arms is very consistent. If you know how to run one Beretta Over/Under, you know how to run all of them. Same goes for semiautos.
    that fact is the one possible crack in the armor to bringing a 1301 (or the new mystery gun) home as my wife is very happy with her "legacy model" a300 Outlander synthetic for sporting clays.

ETA:
    I'm interested in this new offering. I'm hopeful that it'll be completely "turn key" as at this age and after a couple of decades of fiddle-fart with cars and bikes and guns and tools... I'm all about turn key these days.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CarloMNL View Post
    If they work as well as the one I handled, no. It'd be a pretty solid choice for a semi-auto shotgun if you didn't want to buy the 1301.

As I said, I'm not giving up my 1301's anytime soon because they're my favorite semi-auto shotgun. The reliability and adaptability of the gun to defensive use thanks to innovations from Aridus is unmatched.

The new gun won't change any of that about the 1301. But based on what I handled it will give folks a gun that runs well with an extremely wide range of ammunition that comes out of the box already well suited to defensive application at a price that's going to be very attractive when compared to buying a 1301T and modifying it, especially as it seems to have a number of thoughtful touches on the gun from the factory that reduce the need/desire for mods. And given supply chain and energy issues plaguing most of the world right now, it will likely be more readily available to boot.

It's certainly something I'm likely to end up buying so I can run it in classes as a teaching and loaner gun and give it the full shakedown in the hands of experienced and inexperienced people alike. I'm not anticipating any problems doing that.

My hope here is that Beretta is seeing a surge in the desire for good defensive-oriented shotguns that my gut tells me is happening in the world and they're moving to capitalize on that.

The defensive gauge is running in a renaissance now, driven not in small part I think by more people pushing intelligent training and intelligent discussions about its virtues in the hands of people who need to protect themselves. The fact that a company like Beretta is putting in the effort to bring another defensive scattergun option to the market indicates employees within the company who are seeing opportunity and executives who are seeing the business case for investing the huge pile of money it takes to develop things like furniture that go on the gun.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 12-19-2022 at 01:07 PM.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List