Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: A300 Ultima Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Interesting.

I have been thinking about a semi-auto shotgun for years, but have come to the conclusion that unless I'm willing to shuck out the coin for either a 1301 or a Benelli, I'm better off with my ratty-ass pump gun.

This may change the math.
    It probably won't.

Beretta shills.

Ever noticed the number of Beretta shotguns used in the Olympics.? That's because Beretta wants those shooters to use their shotguns. They pay them to use them.

Your ratty ass pump gun probably works just fine for SD.

I know Beretta. I used to shoot a 682 for money and a 426E for game. The quality is there if you want the best. If you need to shoot somebody a Mossberg or an 870 will do the job.

It's a lot like driving a Mercedes to a 9-5 job.
    Last edited by Borderland; 12-14-2022 at 09:57 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

How will this new, unknown model#/named shotgun compare or fit into Beretta's line-up with the 1301?

-Will the 1301 be discontinued or not?
    -will the new one significantly cost less or more?
    -will the new shotgun have an actual "Made in the USA" marking and negate the potential U.S.A. 922R issues?

OTHER.
    -How well is Beretta at customer service, parts, and availability? (I've heard mixed reviews, somewhat negative for its pistol line.)
    -When is the release date (1/17/2023 is beginning of ShotShow'23) as to when the Youtube and other reviewers start posting?
    -How well is Beretta meeting its consumer demand and supply-chain related issues?

I suppose most of us will be awaiting and seeing at a later time. I'd just like to know a bit more for personal budgetary issues as I'll be considering a replacement for my, vintage/discontinued/defunct/unsupported, Remington 11-87P.

I could have already bought into the Benelli M4 or Beretta 1301, but other expenditures have been getting prioritized in my life.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    How will this new, unknown model#/named shotgun compare or fit into Beretta's line-up with the 1301?

-Will the 1301 be discontinued or not?
    No. The 1301 will still be around.

-will the new one significantly cost less or more?
    I would expect its cost to be less than the 1301.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post

Turketta?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    So, I can't say much on account of NDAs and stuff, but I cleared this with Beretta before posting. They're coming out with a new semi-auto tactical shotgun at SHOT, one that we along with several other end-users had some input upon. The sharp-eyed among you will notice a few differences from what you've seen before, and perhaps may garner some clues from what they asked me to hide as well as what they allowed me to show. The gun shot and ran well, and Logan (their PM for shotguns) won the end-of-class shoot-off with it, against some very skilled shooters. The fact that Beretta is sending their people to classes is a very encouraging sign in and of itself. Keep an eye on their social media around SHOT for some more info.

Attachment 98409
    Name:  867960A0-3732-4C54-94A7-B362A37112BC.jpeg
Views: 1481
Size:  25.7 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post

And “in a movie I saw” it was compatible with 1301 aftermarket “stuff.”

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Centerfire View Post
    Turketta?
    Best I know, Beretta only makes shotguns in 2 countries: Italy, and the US.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Centerfire View Post
    Turketta?
    Again, we own other companies for that stuff. I'm a Beretta USA guy out of Gallatin, not a BITA or Holdings person.

Also, good to know some of y'all think we can move upstream from the 1301....

Ps: Tim, thank you again for being cool about me running that gun in the class. You and Ashton put on a hell of a clinic!
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Beretta shills.

Ever noticed the number of Beretta shotguns used in the Olympics.? That's because Beretta wants those shooters to use their shotguns. They pay them to use them.
    The term "shill" implies an unethical business practice, like paying reviewers to give good reviews without disclosing a financial relationship. Is sponsoring shooters an unethical advertising practice?

Posting threads like this on pistol-forum is 100% guerilla marketing but it's working on me.

If these hints are out in the wild now, does this mean we can expect an announcement at Shot Show?

User Tag List