Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: A300 Ultima Patrol

I think I would hold off purchasing a Mossberg 940.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Name:  12F8B11B-35E2-419A-807E-C459434432BB.jpeg
Views: 1689
Size:  65.3 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_G View Post
    We don't do that here. We leave inertia to our sister companies.
    So… institutional inertia?

I tease only - I really dig my Beretta actions and would be bummed if they did start to mimic the other side.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    So… institutional inertia?

I tease only - I really dig my Beretta actions and would be bummed if they did start to mimic the other side.
    Nope, that's what we/Holdings own Benelli and Franchi for. If its tube fed, a Beretta shotgun uses a gas operation.
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Fuckin' A you should.

So the first thing to know is that it isn't a 1301.

Ashton and I had the chance to run one of the prototypes in our rainy, cold Shotgun Skills class a few weeks ago.

I won't go into too many details about the gun, but I will say that it ran through class without a hiccup. I specifically tested the gun for function while short stocked and it ran. I even tried essentially limp-wristing the gun while short stocked (don't try this at home, kids) and it didn't choke.

Short stocking if done incompetently is hard on semi-automatic shotguns. It tends to make them gag pretty quickly...hence the test. I did as much wrong as I could without ending up falling on my ass in front of the class and it ran. Which is impressive in and of itself.

We put slugs, buck, and bird through the gun.

If you shot it back to back with a 1301 you might notice a little bit of a difference in the felt recoil. But even as familiar as I am with the 1301 I didn't really feel much of a noticeable difference.

So my upshot is:

- It ran reliably even when I did deliberately stupid shit with it
    - It doesn't seem to give you any recoil penalty
    - Ergonomics were very good

It should be a hit when it comes out.

I won't be selling my 1301s. But I will probably be adding this one to the stable and it will likely be added to my very short list of semi-auto shotguns I consider a good to go out of the box option.

Right now that list is:

- Beretta 1301
    - Benelli M4
    - Probably this thing
    3/15/2016

So we know it’s a semiauto,and it’s not a new generation of the 1301! Promising…

I’m just glad that Beretta isn’t following the iPhone style marketing scam! Every couple of months, they announce the NEW phone, and everyone has to shell out more $ for the latest and greatest.

Interesting.

I have been thinking about a semi-auto shotgun for years, but have come to the conclusion that unless I'm willing to shuck out the coin for either a 1301 or a Benelli, I'm better off with my ratty-ass pump gun.

This may change the math.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Interesting.

I have been thinking about a semi-auto shotgun for years, but have come to the conclusion that unless I'm willing to shuck out the coin for either a 1301 or a Benelli, I'm better off with my ratty-ass pump gun.

This may change the math.
    I can probably justify a 1301T right now (if I could even find one locally), but if this new mystery gauge costs more, the actuarial tables tell me I won't get my money's worth. Now if pampered, slightly used, Rem-built 870P's become worth more than they were last year, THAT might turn the math in the right direction for me.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Fuckin' A you should.

So the first thing to know is that it isn't a 1301.

Ashton and I had the chance to run one of the prototypes in our rainy, cold Shotgun Skills class a few weeks ago.

I won't go into too many details about the gun, but I will say that it ran through class without a hiccup. I specifically tested the gun for function while short stocked and it ran. I even tried essentially limp-wristing the gun while short stocked (don't try this at home, kids) and it didn't choke.

Short stocking if done incompetently is hard on semi-automatic shotguns. It tends to make them gag pretty quickly...hence the test. I did as much wrong as I could without ending up falling on my ass in front of the class and it ran. Which is impressive in and of itself.

We put slugs, buck, and bird through the gun.

If you shot it back to back with a 1301 you might notice a little bit of a difference in the felt recoil. But even as familiar as I am with the 1301 I didn't really feel much of a noticeable difference.

So my upshot is:

- It ran reliably even when I did deliberately stupid shit with it
    - It doesn't seem to give you any recoil penalty
    - Ergonomics were very good

It should be a hit when it comes out.

I won't be selling my 1301s. But I will probably be adding this one to the stable and it will likely be added to my very short list of semi-auto shotguns I consider a good to go out of the box option.

Right now that list is:

- Beretta 1301
    - Benelli M4
    - Probably this thing
    Understanding you can only say so much. What is the price point of this new product?
    Even ball Parking relative of the cost of a 1301

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    I can probably justify a 1301T right now (if I could even find one locally), but if this new mystery gauge costs more, the actuarial tables tell me I won't get my money's worth. Now if pampered, slightly used, Rem-built 870P's become worth more than they were last year, THAT might turn the math in the right direction for me.
    The great state of Washington now that it has a 10 round magazine limit other than the previously owned magazines, which I’m sure that will be changed in the near future, along with a banning semi automatic rifles that look mean…..

1301’s last in the stores for about a day

Distributors in our area show no inventory

In this state, they have not come after shotguns yet like they did in Oregon

I want to pick up another 1301T, but will do so with the standard stock cause it looks “ friendlier”

User Tag List