Page 22 of 70 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: A300 Ultima Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What is the argument for this new A300 over the 1301 other than price?
    AFAIK just price?

but it’s not insignificant given the increases and I believe that (for someone like me) I’m not giving up anything but not paying the (increasing) premium. $20l increase on the 1301 in 2 months, putting it at $500 (or more than 160%) price premium vs the new gun.

Name:  F7AE4560-B7D0-442C-847B-4908616C56F1.jpg
Views: 1040
Size:  35.4 KB

Name:  B1B2E5E5-3E44-47D3-B84B-3C09EF3B721D.jpg
Views: 1025
Size:  39.8 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I think the forend with built in rail may prove to be a plus. Right now the 1301 requires aftermarket to get a light in that spot.

So perhaps some of the "out of the box" readiness. Perhaps the sight mount too. Depends on the quality vs Aridus.

Ben_G went over the differences between the a400 and a300 in an earlier reply. Quality of the barrel was one of them. Sounds like both are really good though.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    Just placed my preorder with for a grey one.
    https://www.bereli.com?aff=4338
    Good choice! Hats off to Beretta.

For an A300 over a 1301? It's really just price, and for now, probably the approachability factor for someone not so well versed or comfortable in fully setting up a gun.

The Patrol is 'just add sling, choice of optic, choice of light, apply Velcro, and choice of side saddle, and go' and at a critical waterline for the price. To me, that makes the A300 for a bit of a different market than the 1301. The idea was that for someone new new to defensive shotguns, let's give them the best out of the box ready to go option that won't break the bank or trip them up (we saw that a reliable semiauto can be easier for new folks to figure out than a pump), or for someone in the 12ga tac club already, here's a backup or spare gun for a buddy for a range day.

I'm picking up a couple of these with all the work I put into them (we've worked on this program for a significant period of time), and I plan to run the hell out of them, but you better believe I'm not getting rid of my 1301 anytime soon.

There's maybe 2 bullet points on the features list of the Patrol that aren't on my 1301t, but as far as I know, there's no mechanical reason they can't be implemented on my 1301.
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

Logan is putting in the work.

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_G View Post
    For an A300 over a 1301? It's really just price, and for now, probably the approachability factor for someone not so well versed or comfortable in fully setting up a gun.

The Patrol is 'just add sling, choice of optic, choice of light, apply Velcro, and choice of side saddle, and go' and at a critical waterline for the price. To me, that makes the A300 for a bit of a different market than the 1301. The idea was that for someone new new to defensive shotguns, let's give them the best out of the box ready to go option that won't break the bank or trip them up (we saw that a reliable semiauto can be easier for new folks to figure out than a pump), or for someone in the 12ga tac club already, here's a backup or spare gun for a buddy for a range day.

I'm picking up a couple of these with all the work I put into them (we've worked on this program for a significant period of time), and I plan to run the hell out of them, but you better believe I'm not getting rid of my 1301 anytime soon.

There's maybe 2 bullet points on the features list of the Patrol that aren't on my 1301t, but as far as I know, there's no mechanical reason they can't be implemented on my 1301.
    On the Beretta site it says MC for choke. Is that modified or Beretta for IC?

I've been eye-fucking a couple of Benelli M4s in the local shop, pero no mas. It's take my money time.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post

I've been eye-fucking a couple of Benelli M4s in the local shop, pero no mas. It's take my money time.
    The Benelli M4 is a shotgun that I adore in concept, but really don't enjoy to shoot or carry. I have a 14 inch and almost never carry it in Alaska.

Great job by Beretta in developing this new shotgun offering!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    I really like the milled out loading port... That's a sweet factory mod.
    Hogged out better than my 1301 Comp!!!
    This really is right on time for me. I sold my 1301T and within a few days, after I spent the money on what I sold it to buy, sorta wished I had not...
    But as soon as I get the replacement MRO mount from Rusty Nuts (I told him no rush, my local 3gun has not included that shotgun for a couple months) the 1301 will be fully an Open gun, and kinda clunky for actual defense. And I was never exactly happy with all of the light options for the 1301T, but this M-Loc fore end looks like what I was contemplating as a hack on the 1301.

One more relatively expensive pistol project planned in the queue and then these might become routinely available, might be the perfect timeline for me.

ETA:
    Potentially, as has been discussed elsewhere and that may or may not matter, it is not imported. And it has features that cannot be imported. ETA: If Beretta had been doing something like installing the long magazine after importation that seems like a short term approach from a manufacturing perspective. I think it would be reasonable speculation that the 1301 extended magazine was a prove-out for the A300 Patrol that was probably already being planned or contemplated.

If a fella thinks this matters or not is up to them, but the dang ol ATF has been a little fickle on the brace thing, so this might be extra assurance.

Would the Patrol be legal in all (at least more?) states? Might there be a 5+1 tube swap possible?

I just keep on ETAing:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I think that is Beretta for Mobile Choke.
    I think means it will not be the same as the 1301 chokes, but I am pretty sure that means it will be the same as the chokes I have for my 391. I would probably want a flush choke for the Patrol, but I could at least pattern and experiment with the pile of them I already have.
    Last edited by mmc45414; 01-17-2023 at 08:32 AM.

Since this shotgun has me re-interested in shotguns in a way I haven't been for awhile...

Several of the videos, and perhaps posts in this thread, mention it being optimized for Flitecontrol ammo. Being horribly outdated in my shotgun ammo knowledge, that leads me to a couple of questions:
    1. Probably most important, do we have a "PF semiofficial flitecontrol thread" or, if not, a "PF semioficial defensive shotgun ammo thread" where such topics would be better caught up upon and/or discussed?
    2. Does 8-pellet or 9-pellet tend to matter in these situations, specific to operating system of the firearm?
    3. Is there a broadly-accepted slug load to match it with, since the A300 Patrol comes with that snazzy Velcro for the side-saddle and all?

eta:
    RE#1 above, I did manage to find an ongoing thread specific to flitecontrol
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....Flight-Control
    Last edited by rob_s; 01-17-2023 at 09:21 AM.

User Tag List