Page 17 of 70 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: A300 Ultima Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
    Where is the rear QD attachment point for a sling?
    Based on the video someone posted earlier, it looks like there is a QD socket on the bottom edge of the stock.

Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    Based on the video someone posted earlier, it looks like there is a QD socket on the bottom edge of the stock.
    Just noticed that! Function-wise, this set up is so close to perfect for me… except for that rear sling attachment point!!! I feel, for a TACTICAL gun, the sting point should be on the side. But that’s my opinion.

I have a gen 1 1301 and a Benelli M2. I had to buy a mag extension, mag clamp, QD swivel mount, pic rail mount for light, to get to to this same configuration. I spent a lot of extra money to get to this same configuration, so I think this is a good out-of-the-box solution. I need a DT-11 or A400 Excel more than I need this, but it sure would be nice to try out. It has a lot going for it. I liked the short factory stock, too. It was easier to adjust to than the long Benelli stock for me. If the iron sights are usable with a dot sight installed, it would be perfect.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    I feel, for a TACTICAL gun, the sling point should be on the side.
    I've installed these on several stocks...work great.

https://grovtec.com/products/hollow-...98-coming-soon
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Interesting. I’ll go back and watch the video.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    I have a gen 1 1301 and a Benelli M2. I had to buy a mag extension, mag clamp, QD swivel mount, pic rail mount for light, to get to to this same configuration. I spent a lot of extra money to get to this same configuration, so I think this is a good out-of-the-box solution. I need a DT-11 or A400 Excel more than I need this, but it sure would be nice to try out. It has a lot going for it. I liked the short factory stock, too. It was easier to adjust to than the long Benelli stock for me. If the iron sights are usable with a dot sight installed, it would be perfect.

I finally reached the point in life where I just want to buy a firearm and not have to jack around with it. I have modified and accessorized them for 50 freakin' years and I don't really care to do it anymore. That is why I finally made the move to the 92X- it is good enough the way it is.

It this shotty is equally good to go right out of the box, I'm interested.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

I'm glad I have my 1301, and love it. But it's been expensive (for me) to get it to where I have it, and it doesn't have a decent light set up on it yet.

If this was on the market when I was buying, it would have been really difficult to go with the 1301.

I hope that handguard shows up for the 1301. Big time.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    For women the 1301 + an Aridus SGA adapter with the Magpul stock and essentially and the small butt pad from the Ruger 10/22 stock Magpul makes seems to work out pretty well. They can use the gun with the standard butt pad, but the smaller one is better in terms of getting the gun situated on their torso.

I'm not sure how short the A300 can go...but that's going to be a function primarily of stock manufacturers. It does have the recoil tube that comes back out of the receiver, but that in and of itself is still not long enough to prevent having a stock with a 10-11" LOP on it...which is what most small statured people really need. The trouble is nobody makes that stock and nobody seems interested in making it.

The other thing to think about here is that body armor also makes having a much shorter LOP useful on long guns. Everybody would be much happier if the stock of the shotgun could sit with the toe right on a hunk of kevlar at the front of an officer's chest the same way an AR can when adjusted properly. A much shorter stock would make that possible. But I seem to be a lonely voice in the wilderness hollering about that.

That very reason (bolded), is why I bought my wife this some 10 years ago or so:

https://www.mossberg.com/510-youth-m...eld-50485.html

The stock is just so handy.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Site Supporter
    Hello Beretta...

Yes My Credit Card Number Is. XXXXX
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Maybe I missed it but does this come with chokes?

User Tag List