Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: A300 Ultima Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post
    The term "shill" implies an unethical business practice, like paying reviewers to give good reviews without disclosing a financial relationship. Is sponsoring shooters an unethical advertising practice?

Posting threads like this on pistol-forum is 100% guerilla marketing but it's working on me.
    Shill is probably the wrong term. Sponsor would fit better. My apologies if I offended anyone.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Shill is probably the wrong term. Sponsor would fit better. My apologies if I offended anyone.
    Sponsor implies a paid, though ethical relationship.

The other common scenario could be turned “pride in origin” I.e. a company with took / incorporated significant input from an SME who is uncompensated but has pride in seeing their knowledge/ input recognized.

I ran a 1301 in this same class because I’ve found it the best option on the market at the moment.
    Last edited by HCM; 12-16-2022 at 10:46 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Centerfire View Post
    Turketta?
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Best I know, Beretta only makes shotguns in 2 countries: Italy, and the US.
    This ^^.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rat View Post
    If these hints are out in the wild now, does this mean we can expect an announcement at Shot Show?
    Yes. We should have these on the trucks and shipping from the warehouse by the time or right before stuff is published at SHOT.
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

Interested to see what this is. Don't know if this can be answered but, are the controls going to be similar to the 1301? Getting familiar with a 1301 to be comfortable using it takes a little time if you're coming from a pump gun. I could see the benefit of the same or similar manual if arms between shotguns from the same manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    No. The 1301 will still be around.

I would expect its cost to be less than the 1301.

If the relationship works out something like this:

NewGun:1301::A300:A400

I think that’d be pretty sweet.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben_G View Post
    Again, we own other companies for that stuff. I'm a Beretta USA guy out of Gallatin, not a BITA or Holdings person.

Also, good to know some of y'all think we can move upstream from the 1301....

Ps: Tim, thank you again for being cool about me running that gun in the class. You and Ashton put on a hell of a clinic!
    We were tickled to have you there.

Having people at gun companies who actually shoot and who are looking to develop products that actually meet the needs of people looking to protect themselves and their families is fantastic. Anytime you want to come to a class Ashton and I are doing, the door is open. We'd love to have you!
    3/15/2016

Has beretta ever considered doing something other than ghost rings?

Those low profile xs dea sights or even the pistol sights on the nypd 590a1 highway guns.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MRW View Post
    Don't know if this can be answered but, are the controls going to be similar to the 1301?
    I don't think I can answer that in any detail.

What I will say is that if you go to the store and you pick up a number of different models of Beretta shotguns or Benelli shotguns the controls on them tend to be standardized within the brand. When people ask what semi-auto shotgun they should buy for defense I always ask if they have a semi-auto shotgun they use for hunting or for breaking clay. If they do, I encourage buying a defensive shotgun that is similar so that reps at the clay field or hunting bird become reps they can count on should they need to defend their life.

I wouldn't choose a Benelli M4 over a Beretta 1301 and I generally wouldn't encourage it for most people, but if someone is using a Benelli shotgun in sporting clays the M4 is a natural fit because the controls are all in the same place.

People bring all sorts of shotguns to class and when I encounter one I haven't messed with before I usually have to take a few seconds to screw around with it and figure out where all the controls are. I didn't need a few seconds on this new thing.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by MRW View Post
    Interested to see what this is. Don't know if this can be answered but, are the controls going to be similar to the 1301? Getting familiar with a 1301 to be comfortable using it takes a little time if you're coming from a pump gun. I could see the benefit of the same or similar manual if arms between shotguns from the same manufacturer.
    Our manual of arms is very consistent. If you know how to run one Beretta Over/Under, you know how to run all of them. Same goes for semiautos.
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

User Tag List