Page 44 of 70 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: A300 Ultima Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Now if I can just find a Rhodesian camo sling to go with it.
    https://wellsmadecompany.com/collect...ng-brushstroke

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I have decided that I'm going to buy one of the tiger stripe models. Because reasons.

Now if I can just find a Rhodesian camo sling to go with it.
    Style points. Kudos!

Waiting on one to show up at my local friendly gun shop.

I could probably swing a 1301, but the A300 would save some money that could be applied to ammo. Not sure that I’d personally gain much more by going with a 1301.

Gracias, amigo!

Does anyone know if the front sight will take standard M4 and 1301T sight posts?

Hi folks, can’t believe I’m just finding this forum, I recognize quite a few screen names from people I already hold in high regard.

I JUST bought a 1301 with the awful pistol grip stock. To outfit it with a magpul stock and foreend, it will cost be around $400.

I can return my 1301 and buy an A300 UP, and get $400 back. Would you stick with the 1301 or go the A300 route? I’m a casual shotgun shooter at best.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    I know we are straying OT here, but when he debriefed me on the class Randy Harris told me how impressed he was with her abilities. Assuming this was the Nashville class. He did end up with top gun, but he has been doing this a long time and is literally twice her size.
    It was the Nashville class.

She's an exceptionally good student and diligently worked on her skills with dryfire on her own time. The work payed off. I have a number of female clients who have come to me for a few classes that run a 12 gauge like champs. In a class last year a repeat client who is 5'5" and maybe 130 pounds was next to a 6'6" dude who had to weigh 350 at a minimum. She utterly dominated her 1301 and on more than one occasion the very large man just watched her run her gun and shook his head in disbelief that this small female could run a 12 gauge all day.

Anytime I've actually had LE instructors in class their eyes have been opened just watching what is possible when people are taught the right stuff about shotguns.
    3/15/2016

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowspeed_highdrag View Post
    Hi folks, can’t believe I’m just finding this forum, I recognize quite a few screen names from people I already hold in high regard.

I JUST bought a 1301 with the awful pistol grip stock. To outfit it with a magpul stock and foreend, it will cost be around $400.

I can return my 1301 and buy an A300 UP, and get $400 back. Would you stick with the 1301 or go the A300 route? I’m a casual shotgun shooter at best.
    The 1301 is the finest defensive shotgun made today, in my opinion. It runs with practically anything you can feed it, it runs even in terrible conditions where it's been stripped of lubrication, it doesn't require much maintenance and it patterns defensive buckshot better than most other options on the market.

It is a splendid shotgun.

If it were me, I'd keep the 1301 and modify it to my liking.

The Patrol is also an excellent shotgun based on a historically reliable design. As it comes from the box it's set up very well for defensive use. You can literally just put some MLOK rail (I recommend Arisaka) and a light on it and drive on. But it is not quite as adaptable as the 1301 is thanks to the excellent offerings from Aridus.

In your situation I'd recommend replacing the stock on your gun with the Magpul SGA, mounting a light, and drive on.
    3/15/2016

I'd heard about push-pull for 5 or 6 years, and even had it explained to me. It wasn't until I got proper training when it clicked and everything made sense.
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    We've been teaching it for almost 30 years, so it's not exactly new, but it sadly isn't standard in most places.
    I didn't believe this at first until I realized that 30 years ago was 1993.

Every barrel is a snowflake, I know...

Put 20 rounds of slug through the A300 this week. Sadly at a 23.5 yard indoor range (MIchigan and winter). Signs point to this having an accurate slug barrel. That is something I've never had much luck with (except one oddball Stoeger Coach gun of all things).

Really looking forward to trying this outdoors. Performance with both Truball and Brenneke seemed to favor Brenneke but both were fine.

This alone might justify replacing my 1301...
    Last edited by 314159; 03-04-2023 at 06:55 AM.
    My apologies to weasels.

User Tag List