Page 53 of 70 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: A300 Ultima Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post
    I have a silly question: I've tried to do a select-a-slug drill like Ernest does in this video but the lifter comes up when the bolt is back, which makes it difficult to drop the next shell in there. Am I missing something, or should I do the "load one into the tube & cycle the shotgun" method?

I know select-a-slug drills are unlikely in practice but it shows up in various shotgun quals so I figured I'd give it a shot.

just use a little force and push the shell past the lifter. The lifter is held up against spring pressure, so if you push the shell against it, it should drop down enough to make room.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I have a silly question: I've tried to do a select-a-slug drill like Ernest does in this video but the lifter comes up when the bolt is back, which makes it difficult to drop the next shell in there. Am I missing something, or should I do the "load one into the tube & cycle the shotgun" method?

I know select-a-slug drills are unlikely in practice but it shows up in various shotgun quals so I figured I'd give it a shot.
    Press the shell inward firmly and the lifter will bump right out of the way.
    3/15/2016

Some buddies of mine at Gunset Training Group are testing various buckshot loads and posting their results on the book of faces. They’re also posting the same loads out of their Vang’d 870s if anyone is interested. Pretty interesting results.

https://www.facebook.com/10004926136...ibextid=SDPelY
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    How would you guys rate the A300UP against the new Mossberg 940 Pro Tactical as it pertains to build quality and features?
    I've now tried 5 different examples of the 940. None of them ran, even with full house 2.75" Powershok slugs.

Features and price don't matter if the gun doesn't run.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Such a turnaround isn't unprecedented, though. The Beretta 1201 wasn't a great gun by any stretch, but the 1301 has become a gold standard.
    Truth. 1201 was a turd.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I’ve just pushed the slug past the lifter. There shouldn’t be much resistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    You either push the shell past the side-lip of the lifter, or you can do the 'load one into the tube, hit the nipple to drop it onto the lifter, and cycle the bolt' method. The downside to the former is that you can fumble the shell against that resistance of pushing it past the lifter, and it's a different manual of arms than pump guns if you do both regularly. The downside to the latter is that it takes longer, and doesn't work if there's a shell on the lifter or if you have a full magazine (you'd have to clear the path before doing it that way).
    Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    just use a little force and push the shell past the lifter. The lifter is held up against spring pressure, so if you push the shell against it, it should drop down enough to make room.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Press the shell inward firmly and the lifter will bump right out of the way.
    LOL there seems to be a consensus.

Thanks everyone! I've only done defensive shotgunning with pump guns in the past.

It’s not hard if you know how to use a screwdriver
    Supposedly the 1301 rear sight does not have enough elevation (too tall) to zero A300 with slugs at 20 yards. I was wondering if that would be an issue because the fixed rear sight is lower and the front is not an LPA sight. The A300UP may have to same bolt pattern as a 1301 but it has proprietary sights.

Quote Originally Posted by Centerfire View Post
    Supposedly the 1301 rear sight does not have enough elevation (too tall) to zero A300 with slugs at 20 yards. I was wondering if that would be an issue because the fixed rear sight is lower and the front is not an LPA sight. The A300UP may have to same bolt pattern as a 1301 but it has proprietary sights.
    I did have to bottom out the elevation adjustment but I did get a good 25 yard zero.

I did have to bottom out the elevation adjustment but I did get a good 25 yard zero.
    If you got a zero with no lower elevation left then it is probably going to be luck of the draw whether or not a 1301 sight will zero.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Centerfire View Post
    All you have to do is use a different front post. Unless something changed, it should be the same config as the 1301 and quite similar to an M2.

User Tag List