Page 37 of 70 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: A300 Ultima Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I really can't fathom why we don't yet have an adapter to put the Magpul SGA on the Benelli M4. My only conclusion is that there are so few M4 sales that it isn't worth the effort. If I pick up a mini-mill this year, maybe I'll build one. I don't have an M4, but I could buy one just to watch M4 owners shit the bed when I did it.

I do think the IWC light/QD mount that is well integrated into the tube is a slick design. Aside possibly from the M-Lok slots on the Yooper forend that setup is one of the smartest and slickest sets I've seen. With the caveat that I haven't yet played with it.
    Same reason as the 930/940, the recoil spring is in the stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Centerfire View Post
    Same reason as the 930/940, the recoil spring is in the stock.
    Ah, I see that now looking at a proper receiver schematic and not just the stock schematic, which shows a tube, but doesn't actually tell you what's inside (I mistakenly ASSumed it was merely a tube for allowing the adjustable stock to adjust).

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I'll be blunt:

Most of the time when I see someone online lauding the M4 its "The Marines use it! So it has to be tough!" and that comes mostly from people who don't actually run the gun. I've seen a few M4's show up to class, but only a few. That's not to say that there aren't any M4 owners who seriously train with it, but of the small percentage of people who train with their defensive firearms I'd wager that the M4 owners to serious users ratio is significantly smaller than with other guns we could name.

Here's a good example of the ridiculous propaganda thinking that surrounds the M4:

Naturally I found this puzzling as I've disassembled a 1301 more times than I can possibly count, including stripping one down as far as it can be disassembled without using a chop saw in armorer's class. I didn't find the process particularly onerous, nor did field stripping require tools and glasses. When this was pointed out:

...which naturally defies anything even approaching logic because nothing I said in comparing the field stripping procedure of both guns...which there is actual manufacturer video instructions for...supports this fantasist's assertions. I asked on what planet the 1301's field stripping procedure documented by Beretta was more onerously complex than the field stripping procedure documented for the Benelli.

And it only gets even more retarded from there. That's the way practically any discussion of the 1301 vs. the M4 goes. People who have experience with both seem to be an extremely tiny minority. But there are lots of fucking retards eager to drool all over your shoes because MARINE CORPS!!! Input from actual Marines who used them in combat is fine, but you almost never see that. And usually they're not the ones drooling on your shoes about it.

The M4 isn't a bad shotgun. It's a very good shotgun as semi-automatic shotguns go. It's also heavy, expensive, has so-so ergonomics, it's picky about ammo, it requires significant work on the part of the owner to get a full magazine capacity on it, and the aftermarket for the gun in areas that are important (Like a stock that doesn't suck) is dogshit. The 1301 is much more readily adaptable to a user than the M4, has better ergonomics, less felt recoil, runs anything you feed it, it's significantly lighter, significantly less expensive (for now)...in any objective measure of performance and usability it outclasses the M4.

I can literally own whatever I want as a primary semi-auto shotgun. I can take however much money I want to spend and write it off as a legitimate business expense. I own two 1301 shotguns and zero Benelli M4's. It just doesn't do anything for me. It's not a bad gun by any stretch but there are other guns that do the job better.

If you're looking to own the gun that's in Call of Duty...and let's face it, that's where a shitload of sales of that gun come from...cool. If you just like it better...cool. I've got no beef with buying what you like for whatever reason you like it. But from an objective "using the defensive shotgun to do defensive shotgun things" I'm going to tell you it doesn't do defensive shotgun things better than the Beretta offerings.

While I may not be the only guy on the planet who can run a shotgun, I run one a hell of a lot better than most and I run a defensive shotgun much more often than most and on the many occasions where I've run one I've yet to have the thought that I need to run out and buy one because it does something better than what I've already got.

[/FONT][/COLOR]

The hilarious part is.... my new M4 just showed up to my FFL today..... LMAO
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    It should be noted that the Beretta 1301 Tactical with the Aridus SGA adapter and stock on it is shorter than the factory Benelli M4 SBS.
    This is sort of a weird comparison. A modified 1301T in an almost unusable configuration against the M4 in only the fixed length (ape index) versions. The M4 has three factory stock configurations, four of you count the fixed length telescoping stock. The adjustable stock M4 SBS is shorter than the 1301T with SGA stock. What would be interesting is an adjustable length stock for the 1301T and A300UP.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    This is sort of a weird comparison. A modified 1301T in an almost unusable configuration against the M4 in only the fixed length (ape index) versions.
    The comparison of the factory M4 SBS next to the Aridus'd 1301 was done at the Beretta factory when I took armorer's training because those were the guns that were there to compare against one another.
    3/15/2016

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by e_stern View Post
    The hilarious part is.... my new M4 just showed up to my FFL today..... LMAO
    Everybody has fetishes.
    3/15/2016

This is sort of a weird comparison. A modified 1301T in an almost unusable configuration against the M4 in only the fixed length (ape index) versions. The M4 has three factory stock configurations, four of you count the fixed length telescoping stock. The adjustable stock M4 SBS is shorter than the 1301T with SGA stock. What would be interesting is an adjustable length stock for the 1301T and A300UP.
    'almost unusuable configuration'?

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    I have adult length arms.

Okey-dokey then.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    I may not be getting the point, BUT, if you (Centerfire) are saying the 1301T with SGA stock is too short to be usable, I probably disaqgree. It's easier for most 'adult armed' folks to use a shorter stock than it is for the shorter armed person to use a standard-length stock. (Hope that reads the way I wanted)
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

User Tag List