Page 39 of 70 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: A300 Ultima Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Smarter than the block of walnut seems a good starting point, no?
    And yet Benelli seems to be consistently outsmarted by a hunk of plastic...

If I bought an M4 (which trust me, I've thought about). I guess I'd go with the Mesa Urbino. Which isn't my favorite stock design, but at least is 12.5" in LOP and has a cheek riser for when you mount an optic. Add a Ti tube extension to de-neuter the capacity, and the IWC light mount and you could have a decently setup M4. For about $1000 more than setting up a 1301 or about 1800 bucks more than the Yooper.

Which still doesn't stop me from considering it, since I'm on a big shotgun kick right now and when I'm spending Daydream Money it doesn't matter what I spend...

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    And yet Benelli seems to be consistently outsmarted by a hunk of plastic...

If I bought an M4 (which trust me, I've thought about). I guess I'd go with the Mesa Urbino. Which isn't my favorite stock design, but at least is 12.5" in LOP and has a cheek riser for when you mount an optic. Add a Ti tube extension to de-neuter the capacity, and the IWC light mount and you could have a decently setup M4. For about $1000 more than setting up a 1301 or about 1800 bucks more than the Yooper.

Which still doesn't stop me from considering it, since I'm on a big shotgun kick right now and when I'm spending Daydream Money it doesn't matter what I spend...
    Do it, do it. Name:  2F568635-D0CA-42C6-9EEF-27353D56423D.jpg
Views: 1093
Size:  35.4 KB

Completely off the topic of the A300, but I was able to cut down the stock of my M1 and my friend’s M4 field stick by about 2 inches… but I still like my Magpul’d 1301 more!!!

Good video! He didn’t address this, but it looks like the charging handles are not interchangeable too.

Site Supporter
    I picked up one of these because, well, ahem, the other brand I bought recently was having some issues and heading back. I braved the wind today and put 46 rounds through.

I put three metal targets on the target stand to keep it from blowing over.

My paper target blew off of the cardboard in the wind, so I just shot at the cardboard I brought and some bowling pins that were at the range. I wasn't out very long -- I figured another paper target would blow away, too.

But, the A300 ran like a top with no hiccups at all. Primarily bird shot with about five rounds of Federal personal defense buck, which is rated at 1145fps on the box. No issues with the low brass junky Super Target Winchester that I had trouble with in the Mossberg (along with the other issue I had with the Mossberg).

Name:  IMG_0845.jpg
Views: 750
Size:  96.6 KB

I really struggle with the crossbolt safety (probably a topic for another thread) but, so far, very nice gun. I can see why A300's have such good reputations.
    This was about 10 yards with the Federal personal defense stuff. I had one group that was slightly bigger, but still tight enough.

Name:  IMG_0839.jpg
Views: 733
Size:  43.2 KB

Obviously, not a lot of rounds, but good so far.

Site Supporter
    The Appleton, WI Scheels had two A300UPs on the rack for $1000 today. They were sitting next to a pistol grip 1301T for $1650. I don’t see a lot of people picking the 1301 with a $600+ price differential. The A300UP for-end is a winner, I’ll buy at least one to put on one of my 1301Cs. May need to tone down the checkering… The 1301T was about 1/2” shorter. I doubt a casual shopper will notice the operating system difference between the A300 and 1301.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonces View Post
    The Appleton, WI Scheels had two A300UPs on the rack for $1000 today. They were sitting next to a pistol grip 1301T for $1650. I don’t see a lot of people picking the 1301 with a $600+ price differential. The A300UP for-end is a winner, I’ll buy at least one to put on one of my 1301Cs. May need to tone down the checkering… The 1301T was about 1/2” shorter. I doubt a casual shopper will notice the operating system difference between the A300 and 1301.
    So the market reaction to the A300UP on the part of retailers is to jack up the 1301T's price above MSRP? Wasn't the original intent to make the Beretta semi-auto shotgun more affordable?

Quote Originally Posted by Toonces View Post
    The Appleton, WI Scheels had two A300UPs on the rack for $1000 today. They were sitting next to a pistol grip 1301T for $1650.
    Quote Originally Posted by No.6 View Post
    So the market reaction to the A300UP on the part of retailers is to jack up the 1301T's price above MSRP? Wasn't the original intent to make the Beretta semi-auto shotgun more affordable?
    What an odd interpretation…

Perhaps the 1301 price was simply a reaction to availability, and has nothing to do with the A300UP?

Looks like it’s a ~$130 markup in the 1301?

I’m not familiar with the retailer, but perhaps they expect people to docker (as is common in many gunshops) to get the price down?
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    What an odd interpretation…

Perhaps the 1301 price was simply a reaction to availability, and has nothing to do with the A300UP?

Looks like it’s a ~$130 markup in the 1301?

I’m not familiar with the retailer, but perhaps they expect people to docker (as is common in many gunshops) to get the price down?
    They are not the only one listing the 1301 at a markup. Beretta lists MSRP for this model at $1509. Where did these guys come up with $1720?

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  35.5 KB

Bereli is not the only one.

User Tag List