Page 21 of 70 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: A300 Ultima Patrol

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    Just placed my preorder with for a grey one.
    The time is probably right for me to make the final jump to an automatic, but too much of my grandfather's "never buy anything the first year it comes out" advice is till sloshing around in my cranium.

I wonder how this A300 Patrol will stack up against a 1301T as far as pushing the operator around for any given load? My lead sled 870P is about all I can take at this point with normal buckshot loads, and it weighs about 7-1/2 pounds.
    Last edited by gato naranja; 01-16-2023 at 08:57 AM.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    Just placed my preorder with for a grey one.
    https://www.bereli.com?aff=4338
    Nice to see that the grey isn't a premium price over the black.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    The time is probably right for me to make the final jump to an automatic, but too much of my grandfather's "never buy anything the first year it comes out" advice is till sloshing around in my cranium.

I wonder how this A300 Patrol will stack up against a 1301T as far as pushing the operator around for any given load? My lead sled 870P is about all I can take at this point with normal buckshot loads, and it weighs about 7-1/2 pounds.
    This isn’t some new design. It’s a regular A300 shotgun except with a 7 round magazine tube and a better handguard. I think the first A300 came out in 1968 or something.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_G View Post
    The price differences in the 1301 and A300 are going to be the barrel and the action. The 1301 has a steelium barrel, which means our lengthened forcing cone, backboring, and a whole bunch more. It also has a different action type that's more forgiving, faster cycling, and makes for easier maintenance for folks who truly abuse their stuff. All in all, I'd say that's a lot for the money. It's the same walk between the A300 and A400 for waterfowl. They're both great, proven platforms. The A400/1301 is definitely the best of our solutions for that field. The A300 is so good can get 90% of that experience a bit more easily. They're supposed to be someone's first step into Berettas.
    Thanks for the info!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben_G View Post
    They're supposed to be someone's first step into Berettas.
    That's impressive for someone's first steps into a Beretta shotgun. In the video I posted you can see myself and Logan shooting doubles on steel with no issues. I absolutely love my 1301s, but that A300 was also a pleasure to shoot. My biggest concern is going to be the availability and price of the 1301 in the future.

Another vid from TFB...

https://youtu.be/E5bGaGX22Zs

Edit: fixed the link

I really like the milled out loading port... That's a sweet factory mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
    That's impressive for someone's first steps into a Beretta shotgun. In the video I posted you can see myself and Logan shooting doubles on steel with no issues. I absolutely love my 1301s, but that A300 was also a pleasure to shoot. My biggest concern is going to be the availability and price of the 1301 in the future.

Depending on actual retail price point for the new one once it gains traction my guess is 1301s will become more available.

Chances are the marketing strategy will be a raise the 1301 considerably, to make the A300 more appealing at a $G. Probably need around 400+ dollar difference.

A local dealer quoted me 1250 on a 1301 based on the last one he sold a month ago if he gets me one for that I will buy it, if it goes up considerably, I’ll probably wait and see how the new ones work out

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Another vid from TFB...

https://youtu.be/E5bGaGX22Zs

Edit: fixed the link

I really like the milled out loading port... That's a sweet factory mod.
    That's a good one.

confirms chokes (which I'm indifferent about myself) and gives some 1301 comparisons.

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    A local dealer quoted me 1250 on a 1301 based on the last one he sold a month ago if he gets me one for that I will buy it, if it goes up considerably, I’ll probably wait and see how the new ones work out
    I hope you're able to get one for that price as I would definitely buy a 1301 for that price too. I've heard the 1301 will go up considerably since it's very difficult to get materials for parts in Europe.

What is the argument for this new A300 over the 1301 other than price?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List