Page 61 of 70 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: A300 Ultima Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by 00Nickshot View Post
    Mr Haught, at 4:32 in that video, you lose a live shell from the sidesaddle while firing. Do you recall the brand of shell card being used that day?
    IIRC that particular side saddle was one of Matt's normal rotation cards that he'd had for 5 or 10 years and used and abused. Plus we were feeding out fanny packs as much as we were loading from the side since they day was about push/pull, not loading fundamentals (James had that down pat from his time with Clint), so it got shook quite a bit without getting reset.

All that to say don't blame the card too much on that one. It was a VERY worn Vang Comp shell card. I still think those are the best around and run them on my personal gun, as does Matt, and a number of other shotgun instructors who I trust.
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_G View Post
    IIRC that particular side saddle was one of Matt's normal rotation cards that he'd had for 5 or 10 years and used and abused. Plus we were feeding out fanny packs as much as we were loading from the side since they day was about push/pull, not loading fundamentals (James had that down pat from his time with Clint), so it got shook quite a bit without getting reset.

All that to say don't blame the card too much on that one. It was a VERY worn Vang Comp shell card. I still think those are the best around and run them on my personal gun, as does Matt, and a number of other shotgun instructors who I trust.
    Yep, Ben's right. That was a beat-up old Vang card that I dug out of a spare parts bin at short notice to slap on the gun for the shoot. I've since marked it as a training-only card since it's approaching end of service life.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Esstac makes very durable cards.

https://skdtac.com/esstac-shotgun-card/
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post

Having used both, I find the Vang Comp ones to be orders of magnitude more durable than the Esstac ones. The elastic on the Esstac loops doesn’t last as long as whatever Vang Comp uses. My Esstac cards have been relegated to dry practice only since trying the Vang ones.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I have a bunch of the Esstacs. They are well made and hold (7) shells.

From what I hear the Vang Comps are well made too. I like that they have a "card" to keep them from curling up. They only hold (6) shells though. If they start making one that holds (7) shells I will give them a try.

The Vang cards are made by Wilderness Tactical - which pretty much tells you what you need to know.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Having used both, I find the Vang Comp ones to be orders of magnitude more durable than the Esstac ones. The elastic on the Esstac loops doesn’t last as long as whatever Vang Comp uses. My Esstac cards have been relegated to dry practice only since trying the Vang ones.
    This ^^^

I’ve had shells pop out of newish Esstac (and similar) cards.

The Vangs are significantly better.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Add me to the list. I have found the Vang cards vastly superior to any other soft-sided side saddle on the market. They do wear out eventually, but only after a lot of abuse. It took me years of teaching, practice, and regular dryfire work to kill my first one.

The Esstac isn't awful (I've seen some brands die in a single day's training) but they aren't as durable in the long term. And they're slower.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I was going to make this same post, more or less verbatim.

Esstacs were fine until I took practice seriously. They do not hold up well to regular training.

Question

For the Yooper folks who have ditched the factory mag clamps and need a sling spot...

https://www.shaffermachining.com/pro...ht-m-lok-mount

Name:  IMG_1555.jpg
Views: 809
Size:  56.1 KB

User Tag List