Page 36 of 70 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: A300 Ultima Patrol

I have never understood the fascination with the Benelli M4. Heavy, hard to accessorize, expensive, with dreadful stock options. My least favorite SBR. From right to left, M4, Benelli pump, Benelli M2, 1301.

Name:  2884336F-2ABE-4B47-8D06-C55ED589FD05.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  47.9 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have never understood the fascination with the Benelli M4. Heavy, hard to accessorize, expensive, with dreadful stock options. My least favorite SBR.
    I preemptively censor all my Benelli M4 comments, but I am nodding. I am sure it is a magic wand for the right people, but not me.

The schematic of the A300 UP makes it look like it has (hat tip to Roy Dunlap) "more parts than two alarm clocks" compared to an 870, and I don't know enough about the current A300 line to hazard a guess as to how big or small a PITA it is to thoroughly clean and/or dry out when I unintentionally get comprehensive crud all over it.

I am eager for one of the other old boys around this neck of the woods to pick one up for research purposes.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post
    Looks like it’s now available for purchase:

https://www.bereli.com/beretta-a300-...-tube-shotgun/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    They’re on Gunprime too https://gunprime.com/products/new-re...-black-j32ct11

I preordered through a different site so I continue to refresh the product page every 2 secondswait patiently.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have never understood the fascination with the Benelli M4.
    I gotta agree.

I remember it hitting the commercial market in the early 2000s? It spread like wildfire through our gun club, and then just as quickly petered put as literally every single one refused to run. For me, that’s removed it from consideration thereafter.

I had an M3 for a short time and it was kinda fun.

I probably wouldn’t be participating in any of these discussions if (a) they still made the M2 in a rifle sight version and (b) the only avenue to me getting a gas “fighting” shotgun into the house didn’t run through “needs to work exactly the same as my clays gun”.

Which brings me back to the new a300 option. Looking to sell my ak to “fund” more due to equilibrium than actual cash flow.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I'll be blunt:

Most of the time when I see someone online lauding the M4 its "The Marines use it! So it has to be tough!" and that comes mostly from people who don't actually run the gun. I've seen a few M4's show up to class, but only a few. That's not to say that there aren't any M4 owners who seriously train with it, but of the small percentage of people who train with their defensive firearms I'd wager that the M4 owners to serious users ratio is significantly smaller than with other guns we could name.

Here's a good example of the ridiculous propaganda thinking that surrounds the M4:
    "Field stripping a 1301 without tools or eyepro is a risky proposition whereas an M4 is simple and durable enough for those who feast on crayons and marry strippers to do it in the dark"

Naturally I found this puzzling as I've disassembled a 1301 more times than I can possibly count, including stripping one down as far as it can be disassembled without using a chop saw in armorer's class. I didn't find the process particularly onerous, nor did field stripping require tools and glasses. When this was pointed out:

"
    So, thanks for proving my point? I'm not saying the 1301 is the 1014 we have at home but claiming a LARP'ers bird gun is just as good is as Kosher to giving your bosses wife a footrub."
    ...which naturally defies anything even approaching logic because nothing I said in comparing the field stripping procedure of both guns...which there is actual manufacturer video instructions for...supports this fantasist's assertions. I asked on what planet the 1301's field stripping procedure documented by Beretta was more onerously complex than the field stripping procedure documented for the Benelli.

The one where Marines are issued M1014's and LARP'ers shill tacticool bird guns to save less than $500? Beretta's 1301 marketing blitz over the last 18 months has been an obvious attempt at drawing attention away from Turknelli's eating into the sales of both models.

And it only gets even more retarded from there. That's the way practically any discussion of the 1301 vs. the M4 goes. People who have experience with both seem to be an extremely tiny minority. But there are lots of fucking retards eager to drool all over your shoes because MARINE CORPS!!! Input from actual Marines who used them in combat is fine, but you almost never see that. And usually they're not the ones drooling on your shoes about it.

The M4 isn't a bad shotgun. It's a very good shotgun as semi-automatic shotguns go. It's also heavy, expensive, has so-so ergonomics, it's picky about ammo, it requires significant work on the part of the owner to get a full magazine capacity on it, and the aftermarket for the gun in areas that are important (Like a stock that doesn't suck) is dogshit. The 1301 is much more readily adaptable to a user than the M4, has better ergonomics, less felt recoil, runs anything you feed it, it's significantly lighter, significantly less expensive (for now)...in any objective measure of performance and usability it outclasses the M4.

I can literally own whatever I want as a primary semi-auto shotgun. I can take however much money I want to spend and write it off as a legitimate business expense. I own two 1301 shotguns and zero Benelli M4's. It just doesn't do anything for me. It's not a bad gun by any stretch but there are other guns that do the job better.

If you're looking to own the gun that's in Call of Duty...and let's face it, that's where a shitload of sales of that gun come from...cool. If you just like it better...cool. I've got no beef with buying what you like for whatever reason you like it. But from an objective "using the defensive shotgun to do defensive shotgun things" I'm going to tell you it doesn't do defensive shotgun things better than the Beretta offerings.

While I may not be the only guy on the planet who can run a shotgun, I run one a hell of a lot better than most and I run a defensive shotgun much more often than most and on the many occasions where I've run one I've yet to have the thought that I need to run out and buy one because it does something better than what I've already got.

3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I'll be blunt:

Most of the time when I see someone online lauding the M4 its "The Marines use it! So it has to be tough!" and that comes mostly from people who don't actually run the gun.
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    I only ever see M4s being used for, like, guarding access points and whatnot. I’ve never seen one used in a field/maneuver setting.

They’re also tuned for a very specific load and don’t have to run anything other than that (Olin 9 ball).

I really can't fathom why we don't yet have an adapter to put the Magpul SGA on the Benelli M4. My only conclusion is that there are so few M4 sales that it isn't worth the effort. If I pick up a mini-mill this year, maybe I'll build one. I don't have an M4, but I could buy one just to watch M4 owners shit the bed when I did it.

I do think the IWC light/QD mount that is well integrated into the tube is a slick design. Aside possibly from the M-Lok slots on the Yooper forend that setup is one of the smartest and slickest sets I've seen. With the caveat that I haven't yet played with it.

The 1301 circle jerk is getting pretty deep here.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I'll be blunt:

Most of the time when I see someone online lauding the M4 its "The Marines use it! So it has to be tough!" and that comes mostly from people who don't actually run the gun. I've seen a few M4's show up to class, but only a few. That's not to say that there aren't any M4 owners who seriously train with it, but of the small percentage of people who train with their defensive firearms I'd wager that the M4 owners to serious users ratio is significantly smaller than with other guns we could name.

Here's a good example of the ridiculous propaganda thinking that surrounds the M4:

Naturally I found this puzzling as I've disassembled a 1301 more times than I can possibly count, including stripping one down as far as it can be disassembled without using a chop saw in armorer's class. I didn't find the process particularly onerous, nor did field stripping require tools and glasses. When this was pointed out:

...which naturally defies anything even approaching logic because nothing I said in comparing the field stripping procedure of both guns...which there is actual manufacturer video instructions for...supports this fantasist's assertions. I asked on what planet the 1301's field stripping procedure documented by Beretta was more onerously complex than the field stripping procedure documented for the Benelli.

And it only gets even more retarded from there. That's the way practically any discussion of the 1301 vs. the M4 goes. People who have experience with both seem to be an extremely tiny minority. But there are lots of fucking retards eager to drool all over your shoes because MARINE CORPS!!! Input from actual Marines who used them in combat is fine, but you almost never see that. And usually they're not the ones drooling on your shoes about it.

The M4 isn't a bad shotgun. It's a very good shotgun as semi-automatic shotguns go. It's also heavy, expensive, has so-so ergonomics, it's picky about ammo, it requires significant work on the part of the owner to get a full magazine capacity on it, and the aftermarket for the gun in areas that are important (Like a stock that doesn't suck) is dogshit. The 1301 is much more readily adaptable to a user than the M4, has better ergonomics, less felt recoil, runs anything you feed it, it's significantly lighter, significantly less expensive (for now)...in any objective measure of performance and usability it outclasses the M4.

I can literally own whatever I want as a primary semi-auto shotgun. I can take however much money I want to spend and write it off as a legitimate business expense. I own two 1301 shotguns and zero Benelli M4's. It just doesn't do anything for me. It's not a bad gun by any stretch but there are other guns that do the job better.

If you're looking to own the gun that's in Call of Duty...and let's face it, that's where a shitload of sales of that gun come from...cool. If you just like it better...cool. I've got no beef with buying what you like for whatever reason you like it. But from an objective "using the defensive shotgun to do defensive shotgun things" I'm going to tell you it doesn't do defensive shotgun things better than the Beretta offerings.

While I may not be the only guy on the planet who can run a shotgun, I run one a hell of a lot better than most and I run a defensive shotgun much more often than most and on the many occasions where I've run one I've yet to have the thought that I need to run out and buy one because it does something better than what I've already got.

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    I don't know the guy you're quoting, but he reads like someone who's been brain damaged by too much time in FB flexoff groups. The psychology is "more expensive, therefore more good" and then a lot of mental gymnastics to support that premise in cases where it doesn't apply.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    The 1301 circle jerk is getting pretty deep here.
    Name:  6kfuq0.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  52.2 KB

User Tag List