Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: RFI: Austin, TX - Things to do and places to eat

Here’s one I had forgotten about. Used to be in a much neater location but the food was great so I bet that’s remained the same

Easy Tiger - East 7th
    (512) 839-8523
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/is4tN69193FqsWHm6?g_st=ic
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Terry Blacks

Mt Bonnel

Congress Bat Bridge

Barton Springs

Site Supporter
    Anybody mention the Domain at 183 and Mopac for wifely shopping places (not being gendered, just personal experience). We would stay at the Embassy Suites nearby. She might sleep in and I would go off to the weird stores I like. She wasn't one to watch me look at cheese, guns or sci-f, nor I one to enjoy Nordstroms. Fair number of restaurants. I see the McCormick's closed. That is to the good. While that chain was excellent in Portland, I found it's branches elsewhere were usually crappy. The Austin one was and rude service as was the one in Denver. YMMV.

As an aside, the best stores would offer a nice soft chair for the male partner to doze or read or use the phone, while the other shops.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Anybody mention the Domain at 183 and Mopac for wifely shopping places (not being gendered, just personal experience). We would stay at the Embassy Suites nearby. She might sleep in and I would go off to the weird stores I like. She wasn't one to watch me look at cheese, guns or sci-f, nor I one to enjoy Nordstroms. Fair number of restaurants. I see the McCormick's closed. That is to the good. While that chain was excellent in Portland, I found it's branches elsewhere were usually crappy. The Austin one was and rude service as was the one in Denver. YMMV.

As an aside, the best stores would offer a nice soft chair for the male partner to doze or read or use the phone, while the other shops.
    There’s an Archer Hotel at Domain too - I’m a fan of their properties. Their decoration tends to be eclectic:

Name:  C248B1D8-CAC9-40B9-8EF5-9D065534954F.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  65.5 KB
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    What’s the best plan of attack for getting a good seat/selection on a Saturday? Do I have to be there waaay early?

Any thoughts on Louie Mueller Barbeque?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Any thoughts on Louie Mueller Barbeque?
    Louie Mueller is legit and worth the trip from Austin. It’s pricey but the best always is.

Will second Terry blacks bbq!

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    What’s the best plan of attack for getting a good seat/selection on a Saturday? Do I have to be there waaay early?
    The few times I’ve been there have been in the afternoon, with no wait. But I would call them and ask specifically. I’d hate to be wrong and have you wait unnecessarily.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Don’t forget to attend the impromptu street races…

https://www.foxnews.com/us/austin-po...ion-injure-cop
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

User Tag List