Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger Security 380

Ruger Security 380

https://ruger.com/products/security380/models.html

I didn't expect this. I mean, sure, P365-380 exists. But Ruger already have LCP MAX.

Can't wait to see if it passes a limp-wrist test. P365-380 tends to fail it. But this might work. Notice that the thumb safety locks the slide. That is because the recoil spring is so weak that it interferes with re-holstering. We most likely will never see a "pro" version without the thumb safety.

It is disappointing not to see an optics cut. I understand that Security-9 slide is very busy on top with all the holes for roll pins and whatnot, but if Beretta can add optics to 92, then Ruger should be able to add it to S9/S380.

BTW, this is the first gun in the series with the internal hammer, where Ruger's manual does not prohibit carrying it with a round chambered. They finally ditched that anchor. It was a source of needless controversy in other guns with the same fire control: LCP II, LCP MAX, Ruger 57 (although not MAX 9, which is striker-fired). I guess all the lawsuits against SIG were considered a lesser evil than the online kvetching. And if cops do not carry S380 anyway, the risk of SIG-style lawsuits may be pretty low.
    Last edited by zaitcev; 12-12-2022 at 02:10 PM.

Site Supporter
    It's ugly, but I don't hate the features at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    It's ugly
    Fishbowl full of assholes ugly. But it’ll sell.

Now, if only they’d do one in 30 super carry…

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Ruger already has a stable full of pocket .380s. Many potential buyers who would value the pistol's ease of operation would also appreciate a gun that is slightly larger and easier to manage than average. A pistol closer to mid-size fills out the line.

Oh, look. Another Ruger with a single-sided, right-handed only thumb safety that immediately renders it unusable for 10% of the population.

Super.

Thanks for that, Ruger.

I like it, except for the speed holes.

Id say the cuts in the slide are more for weight reduction to help the slide reciprocate ..

I too own a LCP Max .. actually is in my jacket pocket as I peck this out ..

I think they will sell …

Vending Machine Operator
    I will fall to the earth and thank all the gods of gunpowder and steel once the stupid trend of every single new gun having porting or slide cuts is dead, buried, and the ground salted.

I like Ruger. I like .380 Auto for all its faults. I've owned 3 LCPs. My Max is my true EDC. I might have been in the target market for this. But goddamn, stop speed-holing every new release, gun companies!
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

This was meant to compete with s&w’s 380 EZ.

I’ll keep my max.

At least it doesn't say the "Executioner" or something on the slide like S&W's new pistol...

"Security" or "Sock Drawer" on the slide is at least not "Joe Biden giving home defense advise" level retarded.

User Tag List