Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: It’s Time to Start Rethinking Who Educates Our Kids

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Looks like the Loudoun County leftists now have the attention of the governor and others. Hopefully this results in a large number of people paying a serious price.

Congressmen, Virginia Gov. Youngkin Demand Answers On Loudoun Enemies List

The link did not seem to copy, so I will have to try again later.
    FIFY
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Cincinnati Public Schools encouraging teachers to report parents to protective services for refusing to be a participant in child abuse.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/madeli...ntity-n2623425

Site Supporter
    Indiana school counselor who was fired for refusing to adopt a transgender ‘support plan’ is now suing

https://www.foxnews.com/media/indian...plan-now-suing

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Something occurred to me today hat seemed relevant to this thread...

I was born in 1974 in the South. When I was a kid, home schooled kids were the weird-asses, mal-adjusted, socially-awkward, kids.

Today, it's the public school kids, and the homeschool kids are the ones that have it together.

If I was starting from scratch today, with a kid about to enter school (particularly a public school), I would absolutely homeschool, for at least k-8. Not in the old, weird, never-leave-the-house, creation-teaching, kind of way, but in the modern, standardized materials, meet up with other homeschoolers for field trips etc. Kind of way.

Of course, you have to have a kid go through the public school system to learn that lesson. And the it's too late.

It's the “atlas shrugged” approach to public education. Everyone with the means should just leave.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    It's the “atlas shrugged” approach to public education. Everyone with the means should just leave.
    Let the money follow the kid.... School Choice, FTW!

Around here there are even sports leagues for home school kids...
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Let the money follow the kid.... School Choice, FTW!
    IMO school choice here is a joke.

Now, if what you mean is I take little suzy and johnny out of the system and therefore get a tax credit, while I'm in favor of that in theory, the remaining indigents would quickly devolve, with a ton of blow-back to my way of life in short order.

As such, I'd be fine to double-pay for both the government school-incarceration program AND my own kids' non-shitty, non-emotionally-damaging, education.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    If I was starting from scratch today, with a kid about to enter school (particularly a public school), I would absolutely homeschool, for at least k-8. Not in the old, weird, never-leave-the-house, creation-teaching, kind of way, but in the modern, standardized materials, meet up with other homeschoolers for field trips etc. Kind of way.

I like that. Sort of a reversed Cloward-Piven approach, isn't it?

Duces

Seems only fair, no?

Left wing activist have spent the last 50 getting them to where they are now.

https://apple.news/AVumd98FdSq6vUfBrQCR4xQ

Illinois high school offers classes separated by race

User Tag List