Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 507K ACSS

@G19Fan

Let me know if I can help in any way. I’m good with figuring stuff out and I like helping people. I have a thread in the site supporter only area where I’m helping anyone with questions and designing drills for them.

One of my other beliefs is that it takes longitudinal training for strength and speed of handgun muscles, especially for people not used to using those specific muscles.

So I made sure to have my wife train with one of the heaviest guns I own and with a weighted mag in dry.

That way she’s “weight lifting” with guns to build up in dry.

I’m NOT a believer in having to only train with what you carry. Sure, manual of arms differences are a thing. Especially under stress. But for pure skill building, it’s okay to use weighted bats and softballs to train….

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    @G19Fan

Let me know if I can help in any way. I’m good with figuring stuff out and I like helping people. I have a thread in the site supporter only area where I’m helping anyone with questions and designing drills for them.

One of my other beliefs is that it takes longitudinal training for strength and speed of handgun muscles, especially for people not used to using those specific muscles.

So I made sure to have my wife train with one of the heaviest guns I own and with a weighted mag in dry.

That way she’s “weight lifting” with guns to build up in dry.

I’m NOT a believer in having to only train with what you carry. Sure, manual of arms differences are a thing. Especially under stress. But for pure skill building, it’s okay to use weighted bats and softballs to train….
    This makes sense too we tend to train and shoot only what we carry (my wife really only likes cz p01 and p365 series). I used to be pure g19 but now that I am xl macro you can't drag me back lol.

I agree with you about the strength portion. I love exercse (weight, pilates, yoga and grappling) should run and swim more. My wife has always been accurate but recpil managent and punch out speed have gotten much better when she is good about working out.

Interesting idea on heavy gun. Like doing functional front shoulder lifts

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    This makes sense too we tend to train and shoot only what we carry (my wife really only likes cz p01 and p365 series). I used to be pure g19 but now that I am xl macro you can't drag me back lol.

I agree with you about the strength portion. I love exercse (weight, pilates, yoga and grappling) should run and swim more. My wife has always been accurate but recpil managent and punch out speed have gotten much better when she is good about working out.

Interesting idea on heavy gun. Like doing functional front shoulder lifts
    You should sign up for site supporter status and join the thread. It's literally a recoil management thread. You can ask things on your wife's behalf.

Also punch out speed is usually confounded by "vision confirmation of target" so try and separate out the two. When I test maximum index speed, I make sure it's minimum visual confirmation speed. Sometimes for newer shooters I take the vision completely out of it by giving them a crazy time par and a humongous target.

You should sign up for site supporter status and join the thread. It's literally a recoil management thread. You can ask things on your wife's behalf.

Also punch out speed is usually confounded by "vision confirmation of target" so try and separate out the two. When I test maximum index speed, I make sure it's minimum visual confirmation speed. Sometimes for newer shooters I take the vision completely out of it by giving them a crazy time par and a humongous target.

How can I join site supporter?

Your shooting videos always make me laugh some fo them are ridiculous

I so dislike that chevron lol
    Regardless of the outer circle, I love the chevron, it’s so much more accurate for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I bought one to gift to my father to use on his carry gun. He recognizes all of the advantages an optic has over iron sights which lead him to make the switch to a non-ACSS 507K on his carry gun, but I don't think he trains as much as someone probably should to be 100% proficient with an optic. That's where I think the ACSS could be helpful, especially on the much smaller window of the 507K. We'll see if he finds it advantageous. It's easy enough to turn off the outer ring and use the dot only when and if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by RennBaer View Post
    I bought one to gift to my father to use on his carry gun. He recognizes all of the advantages an optic has over iron sights which lead him to make the switch to a non-ACSS 507K on his carry gun, but I don't think he trains as much as someone probably should to be 100% proficient with an optic. That's where I think the ACSS could be helpful, especially on the much smaller window of the 507K. We'll see if he finds it advantageous. It's easy enough to turn off the outer ring and use the dot only when and if needed.
    Yup exactly. My wife likes shooting but isn't as junkie about it

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Regardless of the outer circle, I love the chevron, it’s so much more accurate for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It is so interesting to me how eyes work. This was shot using a 2 moa (my preferred) @ 25 untimed offhand

https://imgur.io/a/s8kqvbv

I am way worse with the chevron despite in theory the tip should be more precise vs a 2 moa dot. A lot of my friends love the chevron

Gun is zeroed with 124 hst shot using 115 tula steel

Site supporter status on the “support PF” link:

https://pistol-forum.com/payments.php

It is so interesting to me how eyes work. This was shot using a 2 moa (my preferred) @ 25 untimed offhand

https://imgur.io/a/s8kqvbv

I am way worse with the chevron despite in theory the tip should be more precise vs a 2 moa dot. A lot of my friends love the chevron

Gun is zeroed with 124 hst shot using 115 tula steel
    I KNEW that the picture was going to be a B8 before I opened it up lol.

This is like when Karl Rehn thought P365 SAS sights were inaccurate because a student couldn’t shoot a B8 well with it.

Well duh, that’s like the worst type of target to try and shoot with that sight because the slide blocks out the entire target and you have to float on float.

When I used a target that was appropriate to the sight I got this:

Name:  838418A4-899E-4889-85B7-BD626BAD0955.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  42.7 KB

Name:  03C43595-3940-4887-8A9A-6C676238B01E.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  36.7 KB

Try repeating the accuracy test on a blank sheet of paper with a 1” red square on it at 25 yards and see how the chevron fares against the dot.

The nice thing about the chevron at distance is when it’s a small target, you don’t blot out the target with the reticle. That’s less likely to happen with a small MOA dot but then you lose the benefits of a larger reticle up close.

All that being said, I usually default to a 6MOA circle as my preferred gaming optic due to the nature of the target size and construction.

Site supporter status on the “support PF” link:

https://pistol-forum.com/payments.php

I KNEW that the picture was going to be a B8 before I opened it up lol.

This is like when Karl Rehn thought P365 SAS sights were inaccurate because a student couldn’t shoot a B8 well with it.

Well duh, that’s like the worst type of target to try and shoot with that sight because the slide blocks out the entire target and you have to float on float.

When I used a target that was appropriate to the sight I got this:

Name:  838418A4-899E-4889-85B7-BD626BAD0955.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  42.7 KB

Name:  03C43595-3940-4887-8A9A-6C676238B01E.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  36.7 KB

Try repeating the accuracy test on a blank sheet of paper with a 1” red square on it at 25 yards and see how the chevron fares against the dot.

The nice thing about the chevron at distance is when it’s a small target, you don’t blot out the target with the reticle. That’s less likely to happen with a small MOA dot but then you lose the benefits of a larger reticle up close.

All that being said, I usually default to a 6MOA circle as my preferred gaming optic due to the nature of the target size and construction.
    Ha that is interesting on target type vs chevron. Noted and shall attempt once I track one down.

Site Supporter activated!

User Tag List