Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 507K ACSS

507K ACSS

Primary Arms now has the 507K ACSS which is brilliant

3 moa dot only with Vulcan big circle

I was bugging Marshall for years hoping this would get made.

Mine arrived yesterday. Haven't installed it yet so nothing to report, but I can't wait to try it out!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I have that mounted on a Girsan Regard (92 clone) using a Trijicon dovetail mount. It's a great dot and can be especially helpful for someone learning the dot - like me Got mine in the green too.

I was hoping for the Chevron!!

Quote Originally Posted by 73Bronco View Post
    Mine arrived yesterday. Haven't installed it yet so nothing to report, but I can't wait to try it out!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    I think you will like it. Have been screwing around with a pre release model and I dig it

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I was hoping for the Chevron!!
    I so dislike that chevron lol

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    I so dislike that chevron lol
    I turn off the big circle because it pulls my attention away.

I’ve trained so hard to “go towards the red” and the big aiming circle is the opposite of that.

Basically if I see red in the window I immediately orient to bring the red to the center with hand and finger adjustment.

That works great with a center based reticle.

But fucks you up with a reticle off the screen.

If you catch glimpse of the corner of the aiming circle with a flash of red, you might adjust the opposite way to bring the corner of the circle to the center of the window before you realize that wasn’t the center reticle.

It slows me down and adds a mental step I don’t want in the presentation and tracking.

It’s like having false dots and having to take the split second to identify the shape of the reticle before orienting.

Philosophically, I would rather have someone orient with the window to slide silhouette and then pick up the dot if they need help with index rather than have an off the window circle.

If they had a multi-color reticle with a blue finding circle and a red center, that would be workable for me.

But I think orienting by slide to window silhouette is more useful of a skill because it comes into play with broken electronics and shattered windows.

I turn off the big circle because it pulls my attention away.

I’ve trained so hard to “go towards the red” and the big aiming circle is the opposite of that.

Basically if I see red in the window I immediately orient to bring the red to the center with hand and finger adjustment.

That works great with a center based reticle.

But fucks you up with a reticle off the screen.

If you catch glimpse of the corner of the aiming circle with a flash of red, you might adjust the opposite way to bring the corner of the circle to the center of the window before you realize that wasn’t the center reticle.

It slows me down and adds a mental step I don’t want in the presentation and tracking.

It’s like having false dots and having to take the split second to identify the shape of the reticle before orienting.

Philosophically, I would rather have someone orient with the window to slide silhouette and then pick up the dot if they need help with index rather than have an off the window circle.

If they had a multi-color reticle with a blue finding circle and a red center, that would be workable for me.

But I think orienting by slide to window silhouette is more useful of a skill because it comes into play with broken electronics and shattered windows.
    This makes a ton of sense to me. I index based on rear of optic and slide. You are a much better shooter than I but even I can see that the extra red flash would be confusing.

Thar said I think this will work brilliantly for my wife. If it doesn't then I will have 3 units to sell and she will go back to multi reticule (she likes dot and circle to help her pick up)

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    This makes a ton of sense to me. I index based on rear of optic and slide. You are a much better shooter than I but even I can see that the extra red flash would be confusing.

Thar said I think this will work brilliantly for my wife. If it doesn't then I will have 3 units to sell and she will go back to multi reticule (she likes dot and circle to help her pick up)
    I think it could work, especially if you then turn off the circle later.

When I was training my wife for index, I used a gun with defined grip / hand position markers for reproducible grip (thumb safety and weak hand thumb rest). I think that’s important for newer shooters for reproducibility help that helps indexing. That became super clear to me when I started shooting iron sight long guns at speed. It can be a little grip tape or a little stippling. Something tactile.

Then had her dry work a small window dot with the circle dot reticle. I had her do reps on a timer with 1.4 second draw regardless of whether she saw the red. But to work on getting more of the reps where she could see red. This was on a close, large target with the A zone outlined.

Basically the “rules” were:
    1. Have to get the shot off within par time (1.4s)
    2. Prefer to see red on brown.
    3. Keep working to get red more stable on brown.

Then in live fire, I had her shoot a copy of the gun that had a LARGE window and she did great.

This was the fourth live session of training. Each live session was around 50-75 rounds.

Then in a few weeks with dry firing a few times a week.

The process was that I would check in with her every week or two to ask what she was seeing in dry fire and then adjust her vision or time goals.

I think it could work, especially if you then turn off the circle later.

When I was training my wife for index, I used a gun with defined grip / hand position markers for reproducible grip (thumb safety and weak hand thumb rest). I think that’s important for newer shooters for reproducibility help that helps indexing. That became super clear to me when I started shooting iron sight long guns at speed. It can be a little grip tape or a little stippling. Something tactile.

Then had her dry work a small window dot with the circle dot reticle. I had her do reps on a timer with 1.4 second draw regardless of whether she saw the red. But to work on getting more of the reps where she could see red. This was on a close, large target with the A zone outlined.

Basically the “rules” were:
    1. Have to get the shot off within par time (1.4s)
    2. Prefer to see red on brown.
    3. Keep working to get red more stable on brown.

Then in live fire, I had her shoot a copy of the gun that had a LARGE window and she did great.

This was the fourth live session of training. Each live session was around 50-75 rounds.

Then in a few weeks with dry firing a few times a week.

The process was that I would check in with her every week or two to ask what she was seeing in dry fire and then adjust her vision or time goals.
    Great advice. I am going to try this

User Tag List