Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shockwave w/Red Dot

i'd like to see video of your hold ideas. I played with a red dot on my shockwave early on, and found it not useful. I will caveat, I was attempting to shoot clays with it. Yes, you can hit clays with a shockwave, pretty reliably too, once you get the hold and aiming technique down. In my case it was locked extension of the support arm, pointing at the target with my support thumb.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    With large animals, there are often entanglements that favor being able to shoot with just one hand. Have you tried any drills shooting with only one hand available?
    @RustyCrusty has a video shooting mini-shells SHO with the Shockwave. I was imagining doing that, and then realized 1) a fully-loaded Shockwave is heavy, and 2) Rhett is a monster.

So... I don't think that's a great option. I'd rather transition to a handgun if a bear ate my other arm. I'll play with it some more though, just for the challenge of it.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Lower 48, my quick and dirty is a two legged threat is probably 75 percent with a large animal 25 percent or less. Parts of Alaska, I would flip those odds.

For a long gun that is ten round compliant, I would think of a 1301, SCAR H or Browning DBM (both in .308).
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    With large animals, there are often entanglements that favor being able to shoot with just one hand. Have you tried any drills shooting with only one hand available?
    I have but it winds up looking like terminator 2 and my tits aren't as nice as Lindas so I haven't published them on YouTube.

Update on the Trash Cannon’s first field trip. It’s small and handy, and good in a vehicle. When we were hiking to service a steel target, I felt like I’d rather have an AR.

Also, @JCL tried it and the ergos really didn’t work for his body size. For a very tall dude, grip on chest doesn’t work well even with a 1.93” optic mount.

Yeah, the whole thing felt pretty cramped, not just the optics geometry. I’d add a visible laser if this was the only gun I could own. Cute little guy though. I could definitely see hosing down a swarm of zombies from the hip with it. It’s got a little bit of the Iroquois war club thing going on too for when the ammo runs dry.

Quote Originally Posted by JCL View Post
    Yeah, the whole thing felt pretty cramped, not just the optics geometry. I’d add a visible laser if this was the only gun I could own. Cute little guy though. I could definitely see hosing down a swarm of zombies from the hip with it.
    If you weren't such a monster you could use cute little shotguns.

I'm guessing that 6' is the max height for this setup, and JCL's quite a bit taller.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    If you weren't such a monster you could use cute little shotguns.
    HODOR

Quote Originally Posted by JCL View Post
    HODOR
    LOL! I’ve fought you on the mats. You’re more of a Mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Update on the Trash Cannon’s first field trip. It’s small and handy, and good in a vehicle. When we were hiking to service a steel target, I felt like I’d rather have an AR.

Also, @JCL tried it and the ergos really didn’t work for his body size. For a very tall dude, grip on chest doesn’t work well even with a 1.93” optic mount.

My wrist hurts just looking at it.

I did play with this notanoptic setup just now.

Wheeler laser to confirm direction.

Name:  322D6100-9D46-465C-AB32-EF1BAE78BB36.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  22.9 KB

Name:  15B1AD39-6234-4F5E-8CFB-721ECA6D9B89.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  18.3 KB

Name:  B33BA6A7-3167-42B7-8AD6-C845D0FF8076.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  17.2 KB

Name:  88A4E15F-3025-4C6C-A0EB-62A6A077C729.jpg
Views: 592