Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Shockwave w/Red Dot

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    Ordered 100 mini #4 buck from Federal this morning and some cool looking camo hockey tape from Amazon.

Are the SOE shell cards the ones to buy or are there other brands to consider?
    @Clusterfrack, G Mutt or others your experiences/feedback running mini's in your shockwave or a tac-14 (mine below) has my attn ........ so time to buy & get some fam fire w/ 'em soon.

Name:  IMG_0346.jpg
Views: 1187
Size:  101.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    @Clusterfrack, G Mutt or others your experiences/feedback running mini's in your shockwave or a tac-14 (mine below) has my attn ........ so time to buy & get some fam fire w/ 'em soon.

Fed #4 mini Buck feeds and patterns well in mine but I don’t have a lot of shells through it.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post

Not that it’s any of my business, but are you absolutely sure that the pistol grip forend attachment is rock solid?

Those things give me the willies on short barreled shotguns.

I really am asking.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Not that it’s any of my business, but are you absolutely sure that the pistol grip forend attachment is rock solid?

Those things give me the willies on short barreled shotguns.

I really am asking.
    I have 4-5 of them and they are pretty solid.

My question is, might that switch the status from "Firearm" to "AOW"?
    It is my understanding this is the case putting a vertical grip on an AR pistol. Am acknowledging I could be FoS.

Gonna derail this further since I don't even plan to put a dot on mine, but it's the most recent Shockwave thread so I'm posting here. @Clusterfrack is a shit mod, he can move it if it bugs him.

I had zero knowledge of the Streamlight TL-Racker until I hit their booth at the NRA convention. I'm surprised it's not a commonly recommended upgrade. (Though tearing down a 590 s-u-c-k-s compared to an 870.) The cut out lets me use a very thumbs forward grip and really put some by-gawd push into my firing grip, cannot fekkin wait to hit the range again.

Name:  Racker 1.jpg
Views: 867
Size:  37.1 KB

Oh yeah, comes with a 1,000 lumen light, too.

Name:  Racker 2.jpg
Views: 860
Size:  21.0 KB

Didn't realize I'd never reported my multi-length shell range day with my buddy, Irish from a few weeks ago.

Me: raptor grip Shockwave-S, G19.5 with 3 mags & LCR in Renegade ankle rig (in case we're both somehow dry when the new Platt & Matix show up.)

Irish: braced Shockwave, braced Tac-14 (pump) and braced Tac-13 (semi-auto), G19 & eleventy mags. He also brought the widget that converts a standard 590 to feed 1.75" shells.

Shockwave- ran everything I fed it, even with tubes staggered with standard & shorty loads. We shot:
    1.75" Federal #4 buck
    2.75" Federal #4 buck
    2.75" Federal 00 buck (9 pellet)
    2.75" cheapy Rio 00 buck (9 pellet)

Neither of us could really tell the difference in recoil between any of them save that the Federal 00 was a hair stouter. Nothing about the recoil is unpleasant with my 590S. I use more muscle to run it while actually firing, but no part of me takes any abuse from the recoil. I'll fire some slugs through it next time.

15 pellet Federal #4 buck mini-shells patterned nicely and you get 8 of them in the tube...that's tough to complain about, brace or no.

2.75" Federal 00 turned in the best patterns in my 590S and the worst in Irish's Tac-14.

The orange XS Big Dot sight I'd installed on my 590S is mandatory IMHO.

Another clip I ran across. Shooter has good form, good recoil control and his reloading and manipulation are on point:

My 590S is currently loaded with 8rds of 1.75" Federal #4, but I've been contemplating finding a 2.75" 00 that patterns well and standardizing on that...esp. if my 870MM likes it too. I mean, other than slugs in the field, the whole reason I reach for a shotgun is the ability to fire 00 at something that needs to stop doing some shit asap.

Cleaning out the closet under the stairs reminded of a case of 12g a buddy and I split a couple of years ago. I'd never heard of the brand, but it was a really good deal, so what the hell. Took a few boxes to the range for testing, fired 3 rounds and concluded 1350fps boomers through the Shockwave = F that a whole bunch.

The search will continue...though I'll be buying a single box at a time for future testing.

Name:  Tactical 00 @1300fps.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  28.1 KB

Glad you bumped this as prices have come way down w/ the Rem Tac-13s, saw one yesterday on GB that sold for $974. so may need to pick one up now hmmm ...........

Bumping for updates to best practices and feedback from current users. I’m getting really close to breaking down and grabbing a Tac-14 because reasons…
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List