Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Buckshot Size Selection #1 vs 00 vs #4 at 11 yards HD & Bullpup Semi-Auto Review!

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Inspired by Rhett @RustyCrusty, I bought a Shockwave S at the 11th hour before Oregon’s horrific gun and mag ban went into effect. I wanted a compact truck and camp gun to replace my AR pistol. (What do we think about AR w/10 rd mags vs a shotgun?)

This should probably go in it’s own thread, but the cheekweld grip works well for me with an AR, but not with the Shockwave. Instead, it shoots ‘shockingly’ well with the grip at midline on my chest.

Cool setup. I've tried checking a couple Large Pistols PCC pistol caliber compacts
    In case you know changes happen...but I've found success single point SAS style w stuff

Cruiser Ready or topped off (w small possibilities of discharge un bad bad accident?)

I'd do mostly mini buck w last 2 or 3 minislugs and I'd have mini slugs in the carrier

Paul Harrells magazine fashion show was kinda funny

I'd love some responses on my Caliber Tissue Crush thread. Slow work day

P.s. speed rock, hip, ribs, sternum, extension, cheek, and extension pistol gripping front strap full extension for Long range slug use. Ribs or sternun/ie centerline point shooting is surprisingly effective. Minishells lower risk to lip scars at aimed extension too in case of an overcharged load ask me how I know.

So quickly browsing.

Fuck standard shells. If flight control never appeared I'd probably say fuck shotguns.

Buckshot works great when all the pellets land center mass. Slugs are awesome. I once dropped an insergant past 100 yards with a slug that was low but still took out his stomach. We found him the next day where I dropped him the street over on the roof top.

Standard buckshot fucking sucks at the range where you can't keep the pattern on target.

With flight control I wouldn't hesitate to fight with it at +/- 50 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    So quickly browsing.

Fuck standard shells. If flight control never appeared I'd probably say fuck shotguns.

Buckshot works great when all the pellets land center mass. Slugs are awesome. I once dropped an insergant past 100 yards with a slug that was low but still took out his stomach. We found him the next day where I dropped him the street over on the roof top.

Standard buckshot fucking sucks at the range where you can't keep the pattern on target.

With flight control I wouldn't hesitate to fight with it at +/- 50 yards.
    Thanks for the real world post (and service). Did you use buckshot, within 20 yards like in room clearing at all? And is it instantly effective if so?

HD distances are different though. I'm ok with it not being flight control. Heck, i've been surprised how well cheap 00 and 000 does at 20 and to some extent 25 yards...though like I said if for a Patrol thing fllght control would be wanted .

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheWolfman View Post
    Thanks for the real world post (and service). Did you use buckshot, within 20 yards like in room clearing at all? And is it instantly effective if so?

HD distances are different though. I'm ok with it not being flight control. Heck, i've been surprised how well cheap 00 and 000 does at 20 and to some extent 25 yards...though like I said if for a Patrol thing fllght control would be wanted .
    Yes, inside 20 yards standard buck was ok. If I absolutely knew I wouldn't be shooting past that I might be ok with it. 15 and in would be better.

HD Isnt static since my kids play outside.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Yes, inside 20 yards standard buck was ok. If I absolutely knew I wouldn't be shooting past that I might be ok with it. 15 and in would be better.

HD Isnt static since my kids play outside.
    That is an interesting point. Thank you. I have option to grab other than shotgun if I need to exit house. If I could get #1 Flight Control I would buy some. But, to me, shottie for house, rifle if need to exit house with a pistol shoved IWB..pistol goes in IWB holster for this reason next to bed, or jeans that have my backup in it go on. I do not have small children.

Site Supporter
    I think I can safely state that the Mossberg special versions for mini shells have had very little testing outside of Mossberg's research. For this reason one may be taking a big risk in selecting this model and it's short shells for defense. I fired a case of the birdshot mini shells and was not impressed. Of course, that's not the issue here. That said, my limited experience guides me to stay with standard length shells generally and Federal low recoil Flite Control ammo specifically. The rim on a shotgun shell might contribute to feeding issues with detachable magazines. I hesitate to generalize too much about buckshot except to say the regular offerings for me patterned best from improved cylinder and modified barrels, and the highly desirable Flite Control stuff requires a cylinder bore for best results. Also, I like to point out that hitting with buckshot requires aiming.

Moved the SG vs. 10 round AR to a new thread.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List