Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hangup when Slingshotting Glock 19 Gen 5 Slide

I use the slide stop/release to drive the slide home. I am right handed. Just seems natural and quicker, with less chance of a malfunction as opposed to the slingshot method. Anything mechanical can certainly malfunction at any time. That time is usually when its got to work flawlessly, in a tense time frame when second place is absolutely the worst place to be. And with a Glock, just plug in a new slide stop if the original one wears out.

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post
    Perhaps I'm not using the word "slingshotting" correctly. What I've been doing is reaching over the slide, grabbing the rear serrations, pulling it back slightly and letting it go. I suspect I didn't let my hand off fast enough.
    The slide needs to be pulled back more than slightly. It must be pulled all the way back to the stop before letting it go.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    The slide needs to be pulled back more than slightly. It must be pulled all the way back to the stop before letting it go.
    Yeah, I'm just gonna use the slide stop/release from now on. Less chance of user error.

I think it's safe to say it's not an issue with the gun. I guess at least I learned something.

User Tag List