Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: For you Dachshund lovers

Quote Originally Posted by OfficeCat View Post
    I'm a firm believer that this applies to all dogs.
    Me too, hardcore. Katie is our other dog; I like entertaining guesses as to her lineage.

Name:  IMG_0460.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  59.1 KB

I usually go with 'lab/shep mix,' but that is gross reductionism.
    Ignore Alien Orders

FYI, this thing works on cats, too
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Me too, hardcore. Katie is our other dog; I like entertaining guesses as to her lineage.

I see hound lineage in Katie. Look at where her ears hang from on her skull. That and the arched nose.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    I see hound lineage in Katie. Look at where her ears hang from on her skull. That and the arched nose.
    That's become more pronounced as she ages -- the characteristic hound 'lightbulb head.' Might be a little beagle in there, though thank gosh the voicing seems to have been recessive.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post

Looks like a 100% purebred Good Girl to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    On the scale between Chihuahua and well trained police Maligator, in my experience adult Daschshunds are only average barky but top end intelligent. Every Dachshund I’ve encountered has left me smiling about some antic. A wiener dog with cat accomplices may make for a hilarious household.

We’ve wondered what we might replace our Elkhound with when he eventually goes to Valhalla, after watching Rammstein’s Dicke Titten video my wife and I are thinking a Daschshund might be more manageable.
    Wish that was my experience. I’m not impressed with the breed at all compared to German and Belgian Shepherds. There’s no comparison.
    #RESIST

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficeCat View Post
    I'm a firm believer that this applies to all dogs.
    Best dog evar was a shepherd/husky mix. Came out all grey and wolfie looking with long legs and big feet, was an absolute sweetheart and unbelievably intelligent. She is missed by many.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Had a black & tan standard that was a fine pet & would have another.

Was also in a position to interact with a lot of Malinois. For a working dog, they are great. You may encounter some fine calm examples for pets, but the working strains are not pets and unless you have time / energy / area to engage their drive, it is not a good deal for them or you. Some here will disagree based on anecdotal experiences of one or two dogs.

Analyze your situation before you get a dog. Apologies for soap box.

I would love a good shepherd, but the frog backed examples seen most places are disgusting & would hate to buy and become attached to one and have a crippled dysplastic dog to put down.

Currently blessed with a wonderful Goldie who was pet to my grown daughters, he's almost 11 but still a puppy. When he goes, it will be a small dog, likely a Patterdale, or maybe a Dachshund or who knows. Our rescue cat has turned out marvelously. A good rescue dog would be ideal.
    Last edited by Willard; 12-08-2022 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Best dog evar was a shepherd/husky mix. Came out all grey and wolfie looking with long legs and big feet, was an absolute sweetheart and unbelievably intelligent. She is missed by many.
    Here's one of the most amazing dogs I've had the good fortune to share my time with. Three years old here, now she's 12 and a little more gray around the muzzle but she's held up pretty well. Dad was a red heeler, mom an indeterminate mix of lab (definitely) and border collie (most likely) and who knows what else.

Name:  djinn0731.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  102.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Had a black & tan standard that was a fine pet & would have another.

Was also in a position to interact with a lot of Malinois. For a working dog, they are great. You may encounter some fine calm examples for pets, but the working strains are not pets and unless you have time / energy / area to engage their drive, it is not a good deal for them or you. Some here will disagree based on anecdotal experiences of one or two dogs.

Analyze your situation before you get a dog. Apologies for soap box.

I would love a good shepherd, but the frog backed examples seen most places are disgusting & would hate to buy and become attached to one and have a crippled dysplastic dog to put down.

Currently blessed with a wonderful Goldie who was pet to my grown daughters, he's almost 11 but still a puppy. When he goes, it will be a small dog, likely a Patterdale, or maybe a Dachshund or who knows. Our rescue cat has turned out marvelously. A good rescue dog would be ideal.
    Yeah, I owned a Mal, loved him, no issues whatsoever. Way, way WAY smarter than a Dachshund.
    #RESIST

User Tag List