Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For you Dachshund lovers

For you Dachshund lovers

I’ve got a 7 month old puppy and he’s not my cup of tea compared to GSDs, Belgians, etc. I know, I’m literally Hitler for not liking Dachshunds 😆

However, this has helped big time. Utrasonic trainer. That and the cats deciding they’ve had enough of a certain little shit 😁
    #RESIST

While we are talking Dachshunds.
    They can be quite handy to have around.

Dean,
    “The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” - Thomas Paine
    "The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."- Antonio Meloni

I could have used one of those trainers for the neighbor's dog.
    Do you think they sell them with a Taser attachment?
    Dean,
    “The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” - Thomas Paine
    "The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."- Antonio Meloni

Congrats on the dachshund.

I have had a few. They are loyal but can be stubborn to train. My son has a long haired mini that was given to him at a young age by a woman that got cancer and passed. Super sweet dog that loves to ride in my son's backpack when they go bike riding.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by baddean View Post
    While we are talking Dachshunds.
    They can be quite handy to have around.

Crusoe the Celebrity Dachshund and his brother Oakley. The best!
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

I remember a little story from the course for the German hunting license.

We were taught about different hunting dog races, how they look, what they can do. Then came this picture of a dachshund. A soldier who also participated in the course, nice guy, said: "What kind of sausage is this?" The teacher, an experienced hunter who knew a lot about dogs, replied: Don't judge a book by the cover. They are brave. For example, they go into a badger's burrow and fight the badger. A badger has a big set of teeth and a very strong bite for its size. I understood that these little dogs deserve respect.
    Last edited by P30; 12-08-2022 at 06:12 AM.

On the scale between Chihuahua and well trained police Maligator, in my experience adult Daschshunds are only average barky but top end intelligent. Every Dachshund I’ve encountered has left me smiling about some antic. A wiener dog with cat accomplices may make for a hilarious household.

We’ve wondered what we might replace our Elkhound with when he eventually goes to Valhalla, after watching Rammstein’s Dicke Titten video my wife and I are thinking a Daschshund might be more manageable.

In my experience the best accessory for a dachshund is a minimum 50% mix of genes from another breed.

Pistol Pete is half weiner, half Feist. He is working his way up to best dog ever.

Name:  IMG_0998.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  35.2 KB
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    In my experience the best accessory for a dachshund is a minimum 50% mix of genes from another breed.
    I'm a firm believer that this applies to all dogs.

My mom has a younger Bichon/Shih Tzu "Teddybear" who has benefitted from a collar-borne device like this. Has your little guy figured out how to circumvent it yet, @LittleLebowski?
    They aren't brainless as dogs go.

The standard Dachshunds are generally a bit calmer, though they still have little dog tendencies. Not a yappy bark, though- think Coon Hound or Basset.

Name:  IMG_20210629_194216249.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  43.5 KB

The 35 lb male wirehaired Dachs and his 80-lb American Bulldog girlfriend. Guess which one runs the pack?
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

User Tag List