Thread: Racking enhancements

Site Supporter

Racking enhancements

Someone might want to buy this:

Effects of semi-automatic pistol slide pull device on law-enforcement racking process

Stone R, Kim J, Xu C, Mgaedeh F, Fales C, Westby B. Proc. Hum. Factors Ergon. Soc. Annu. Meet. 2022; 66(1): 903-907.

Copyright

(Copyright © 2022, Human Factors and Ergonomics Society, Publisher SAGE Publishing)

DOI

10.1177/1071181322661456

Abstract

Under life-threatening circumstances, the interaction between law enforcement officers and pistol slides during the racking and reloading process is critical to survival. Nine expert law-enforcement officers were recruited to investigate the effects of slide pull devices on application time and performance using semi-automatic pistols. Participants were asked to manually rack both standard and augmented slide pull devices and then clean three magazines. Videos and times were recorded to compare the slide types. Using a Welch's t-test, no racking time difference between standard and augmented (p=0.9756) was found, but there is a slightly statistically significant difference in error rate (p=0.0765), with the augmented slide causing fewer errors. Additionally, seven of the nine officers preferred the augmented to the standard slide. Despite the lack of statistical significance with an α-level of.05, the biomechanical differences between slides and user preferences may indicate that slide types can augment participants' performances to be more precise.

-----------

Note the use of statistical significance given misuse of the term elsewhere by some. I don't know what the device is as the paywall is a little too much for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    article
    Would be interesting to note if irons or RDS slide. I overhand rack and use the dot frame against the heel of my hand for leverage. By cupping, I’m not near the lens.

User Tag List