Thread: Glock 21 Trigger Guard

Glock 21 Trigger Guard

The trigger guard on a G21 really aggravates the side of my second finger. Even more so than the 9mm models (which also do). For any of you that have relieved the bottom of the trigger guard on your Glocks, do you have any tips? Did you just wrap some sandpaper around a dowel rod? If so, what grit sandpaper do you recommend?

Any other tips?

Thanks.

R.

I tape up the frame with blue painters tape and do it with a Dremel and sanding drum on low speed. But I'm pretty handy with a Dremel... Not recommended if you don't have steady hands and a bit of practice. I finish up with progressively finer sand paper and final polish with a Dremel cotton wheel.

My issue has always been in final finish, I can’t get it to appear like stock. Any tips?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

The couple of times I took a dremel to a Glock, I basically just put a dot of oil on my fingertip and wiped down the cut area with it, wiped it down/cleaned it off with a patch after? That seemed to work for me...but that was also a long time ago (probably around when Gen 4s came out) so my memory might be playing tricks on me...

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    I tape up the frame with blue painters tape and do it with a Dremel and sanding drum on low speed. But I'm pretty handy with a Dremel... Not recommended if you don't have steady hands and a bit of practice. I finish up with progressively finer sand paper and final polish with a Dremel cotton wheel.
    That looks smooth. I doubt it would look as good if I used a Dremel tool on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rack View Post
    The trigger guard on a G21 really aggravates the side of my second finger. Even more so than the 9mm models (which also do). For any of you that have relieved the bottom of the trigger guard on your Glocks, do you have any tips? Did you just wrap some sandpaper around a dowel rod? If so, what grit sandpaper do you recommend?

Any other tips?

Thanks.

R.
    I have a couple Glocks with undercut trigger guards by Great Lakes Custom Works. Their undercut is comfortably beveled with a nice gloss finish.

My other Glocks, including my primary training pistol, are not undercut. When I train with these guns I wrap the sore spots on my fingers with 1/2" white athletic tape. This does a great job of minimizing the damage to my hands from daily dry practice with chalk.

I wrap 150 grit sandpaper around a sharpie and do em by hand. Can go to finer grits when you get close, then a felt bob in a dremel if you want super smooth.

On Smith Wesson 3rd Gen 4500s, we used to call it S&W middle finger. I wondered who at SW needed their butt kicked because some quick work with a file fixed that edge.

My buddy (I shit you not), got a SW 1006, we drove to his garage, (this was in the 90s) and I recall the biggest, rustiest, half round file and several passes later... he was satisfied.

With my hand size, if there is an edge where the trigger guard .... I am breaking something out to fix it as the cost of cosmetics.

Black plastic Glock frames.... there are zero issues in my book to get after it. I recall the same issues with the G21s we were issued. It was not my gun, but it was assigned to me, and I addressed Glock middle finger.
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

User Tag List