Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Attack Disables Electrical Substation in North Carolina

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Shooting up substations has been a staple of a certain type of lolbertarian/dystopian/militia/accelerationist/whatever wank fic for decades but the HWFO guy thinks it’s an Oceans Eleven plot by random skells to rob a semi rural NC pawn shop.

I can’t even.

Did he talk to any actual cops to find out how these dudes actually rob pawn/gun stores? (Hint: It doesn’t involve coordinated sniper teams taking down the power grid while singing “Swing on a Star”. They steal a ‘93 Astro and drive it through the wall.)
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

We don't need electric here in the Old North State.

GTFO our lawns!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    The wildest part about this for me is that the Walmart that the po-po closed down for looting was literally a hundred yards or so from the hotel that FN America put us up in during the launch event for the FN 509 Compact MRD.

During all this nonsense I was like “Wait, all these place names seem really familiar…” and went to Google Maps…
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

One good thing is that most of the folks in that area are fairly self sufficient. They knocked out basically that whole county, but the total population is less than a quarter of the population in the five largest cities in the state. Most of which would be Thunderdome within 24 hours of a total blackout.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    One good thing is that most of the folks in that area are fairly self sufficient. They knocked out basically that whole county, but the total population is less than a quarter of the population in the five largest cities in the state. Most of which would be Thunderdome within 24 hours of a total blackout.
    We prepare for such hardships in Transylvania County by having the electric go out on a regular basis.

(Which is the only time I ever get to say that I'm glad the house has propane fireplaces.)

Yeah, yeah, I know. Generac. (One of these days when I find the time to get off my ass.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

The only regret I have regarding my generac is not buying it twenty years sooner

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Get ready for copycats. This was too easy and too successful.

We are headed for the era of D550 armor plated walls around substations.
    won't stop improvised explosives/burn devices that get lobbed over the wall.
    plus you're forgetting, cheap drones.

short of encasing all substations in bunkers designed to withstand the best penetrators the military can buy, there's no chance they can ever harden parts of the power grid enough.
    hate to be doom and gloom like that, but...

Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    .... don't tease me like that.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Get ready for copycats. This was too easy and too successful.

We are headed for the era of D550 armor plated walls around substations.
    Something like 55,000 or so substations in this country. That’s a tall order.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    We prepare for such hardships in Transylvania County by having the electric go out on a regular basis.

(Which is the only time I ever get to say that I'm glad the house has propane fireplaces.)

Yeah, yeah, I know. Generac. (One of these days when I find the time to get off my ass.)
    I sharpened some wooden spikes to hold my display in the front of the castle.

User Tag List