Thread: Question: Sending my CZ P-01 to Cajun GW for their Pro Package / Dawson night sights.

Question Question: Sending my CZ P-01 to Cajun GW for their Pro Package / Dawson night sights.

Hello,
    I am Sending my CZ P-01 to Cajun GW for their Pro Package / Dawson night sights.

My questions are:

1. Is their 10X barrel bushing upgrade worth doing?

2. What weight SA & DA trigger pull would you suggest for range and carry?

3. How good are the Dawson white outline night sights? Frankly anything would be better than the OEM sights on the gun.

Thanks,

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by hassiman View Post
    Hello,
    I am Sending my CZ P-01 to Cajun GW for their Pro Package / Dawson night sights.

My questions are:

1. Is their 10X barrel bushing upgrade worth doing?

2. What weight SA & DA trigger pull would you suggest for range and carry?

3. How good are the Dawson white outline night sights? Frankly anything would be better than the OEM sights on the gun.

Thanks,

Rich
    I shoot with a cop (very good shooter) who sent his P01 in for the bushing and Pro Package. I handled it and liked it. He was most pleased with the bushing and the attendant accuracy. My stock CZs meet or exceed my expectations, so I run mostly stock. As to the sights, take a look down the sights on a Compact PCR and you'll feel better about the ones on your P01.😁 My limit on trigger pull is 4 lbs for SA (most are closer to 5.5) and a smooth 9 or 10 DA. I do have a 75 BD frame that I run my Kadet .22 on for bullseye that is tweaked to 1.5 lbs SA/7.5 DA. I can assure you that frame will not be put back into defensive service again, but it is wonderful at 50 yards even with me shooting it!

@hassiman, I think you'll be happy with CGW's work. If this is a carry gun, I would not add a barrel bushing since it can affect reliability and is not likely to make much difference in what is already a very accurate gun.

My Prograde P-07s have the following trigger weights:

15# Hammer spring, 0.018” sear spring
    DA: 8.5 (stock weight 13.2 lbs)
    SA: 3.25 lbs (stock weight 3.3 - 5.5lbs)

13# Hammer spring, 0.018” sear spring
    DA: 6.75 (stock weight 13.2 lbs)
    SA: 3.25 lbs (stock weight 3.3 - 5.5lbs)
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

1. How accurate is your gun right now? If you can't answer that, you can't know the value of the 10X bushing. If your barrel/bushing is tightly fit, the improvement may not even be measurable. In any case if you are shooting irons I highly doubt you will be able to notice any improvement unless you shoot bullseye. Having said all that, I have the 10X bushing in my P01 and see no downsides.

2. The great thing about TDA is your first shot is DA, and that is the critical shot that follows the decision to start shooting. Even the best DA trigger is far longer and significantly heavier than a stock Glock trigger, so IMO you can never go too light as long as reliability is not effected. For SA, if this is a defensive and not a competition gun, my personal feeling is it isn't going to matter much. A "heavy" SA trigger with the pro package will likely be very easy to shoot well, and so will a light trigger. I dont think the difference on the clock/targets will be significant.

3.They are much better than the stock sights or CZ night sights. However, if this is a carry gun, I would highly recommend skipping the Dawsons and getting Night Fisions instead. They are coarser, but the big contrasting front sight makes getting shots on target very quick day or night.

I would even say, just start with a spring kit from CGW. Quick easy do it yourself. You may find that will improve things to a huge degree.
    And eve the sights might go in pretty easy.

You will be happy with CGW for sure. For trigger pull weight I would focus more on carry being the purpose. Have you called CGW yet? David will take time and walk you through questions you have and hel guide you to the results that are best for your plans.

Quote Originally Posted by claymore504 View Post
    You will be happy with CGW for sure. For trigger pull weight I would focus more on carry being the purpose. Have you called CGW yet? David will take time and walk you through questions you have and hel guide you to the results that are best for your plans.
    This.

User Tag List