Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chicken or egg -- big gun, little gun

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Yes! Revolvers too. My grip balance doesn’t change with different size / shape / weight / caliber / manual of arms. There are minor ergo shifts but no difference in the weak to strong balance or hand tension.

I have a coaching thread in the site supporter area that would love to have you come and work through stuff. I posted some extra videos there.

Thanks!

I noticed that isolating the trigger press like above either confirms a good neutral grip or shows were changes can be made.

On a DA/SA it showed I can sink a little more finger in for stability but I will play with it more and start pressing with more speed and see what happens.

Yea I need to up my site support again, I’ll keep a lookout for the thread.

A great thing about having a wife as passionate about shooting as I am, is it was easy to sneak out on Christmas Day for a range session.

I went with a specific idea to test. Often I will shoot a carry gun at the end of the session, but today I purposefully started the session shooting a very hard array, with a very stockish G5 19 with an Acro. My thought was that to shoot the Glock well, I would have to do everything well in terms of grip, trigger and patience. I got so absorbed shooting the 19 that it cut into my Open gun shooting, but anecdotally I believe it helped. You can get away with a lot more with a heavy gun with a short, light trigger.

Name:  1F569D37-BD41-48A9-8CCF-D59664864A6D.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  102.8 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List