Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New P320 size edc pistol (not a Glock) suggestion?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    I should probably post something about this in the HK LTT thread at some point, but meanwhile, about two months ago I got an LTT P30SK LEM with the light trigger (choices are heavy, medium, light and extra light), and the Grayguns flat trigger shoe. They are now, but at the time LTT wasn’t doing optic cuts for SKs, so I sent the slide off to Wright Armory. I just got it back the other day and haven’t shot it with that slide. But for the last two months I’ve shot it with the slide from a regular P30SK with a Holosun 507C that was done by Mark Housel a few years ago just before he retired.

With the preliminaries out of the way, the P30SK with a 13-round mag is roughly the same size as a G19. With the Grayguns trigger and the LTT LEM light trigger work, it is one awesome m-fing pistol.

When I go to the range, at some point I almost always shoot a few mags of 12 rounds from 25 yards on a 9” x 9” Splatterburst target. I’m a little unhappy but not distraught if there are 9 of 12 in the black, reasonably satisfied with 10 of 12 in the black, happy if it’s 11 of 12, very happy if it’s 12 of 12, ecstatic if all 12 are within 2 or 3 inches of the bullseye. Ngl, the most common result is 10/12. I’ve done this 5 or 6 times now with the P30SK LEM and I simply can’t miss. 12 of 12 in the black every time, and once they were essentially all bullseyes. The only thing keeping me humble and grounded is that I still mostly get 10/12 with the others.

Bill Drill? At the end of the day draw to first shot and overall times about on par with VP9SK and fancied up Boresight G19. Splits are a hair slower, on average about .208 with the HK, .202 with the others, but I view that as negligible.

I was anxious about whether the LEM would throw me off and mess me up, but whatever trigger sorcery Ernest and Company do just works.
    I would like that Trigger sorcery for sure.

Think I would prefer P2000 option for longer barrel but easier to carry lighter than regular p30 ie goldie lock size
    H
    however, I think standard p2000 only came HEAVY LEM which is not wanted. I do not think you can get from HK as in stock p2000 light lem......anyone? I would like to try a p2000 .40 if light LEM is possible without having to get a gunsmith to switch all the various springs and such.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheWolfman View Post
    However, I think standard p2000 only came HEAVY LEM which is not wanted. I do not think you can get from HK as in stock p2000 light lem......anyone? I would like to try a p2000 .40 if light LEM is possible without having to get a gunsmith to switch all the various springs and such.
    The P2000 V1 variant is the light LEM, which has these springs different from the V2 (I linked a couple of the product numbers for V1 below):

• Firing Pin Block Spring (#209296)
    • Trigger Return Spring (#209266)
    • Hammer Spring (#214300)

V2 is the heavy variant, which has a heavier:

• Firing Pin Block Spring (#209962)
    • Trigger Return Spring (#219441)
    • Hammer Spring (#214695)

You can simply replace the hammer spring on your V2 with the lighter (#214300) spring. That's an easy spring to replace, and I'd consider trying it yourself as it just takes removal of 1 pin on the frame (backstrap pin at the bottom rear of the grip, which also holds in the hammer spring). It's really easy. The hammer spring alone should drop the pull weight ~1lb (should be ~6.5lb at that point).

I'd recommend against the V1 trigger return spring, as it ends up being too light IMO, with sort of a sluggish feeling on reset. If you want to shave another ~0.5lb off bringing you to a ~6lb pull, there's the V1 firing pin block spring (#209296). That one is also not hard to replace and is held in place by a single roll pin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    The P2000 V1 variant is the light LEM, which has these springs different from the V2 (I linked a couple of the product numbers for V1 below):

• Firing Pin Block Spring (#209296)
    • Trigger Return Spring (#209266)
    • Hammer Spring (#214300)

V2 is the heavy variant, which has a heavier:

• Firing Pin Block Spring (#209962)
    • Trigger Return Spring (#219441)
    • Hammer Spring (#214695)

You can simply replace the hammer spring on your V2 with the lighter (#214300) spring. That's an easy spring to replace, and I'd consider trying it yourself as it just takes removal of 1 pin on the frame (backstrap pin at the bottom rear of the grip, which also holds in the hammer spring). It's really easy. The hammer spring alone should drop the pull weight ~1lb (should be ~6.5lb at that point).

I'd recommend against the V1 trigger return spring, as it ends up being too light IMO, with sort of a sluggish feeling on reset. If you want to shave another ~0.5lb off bringing you to a ~6lb pull, there's the V1 firing pin block spring (#209296). That one is also not hard to replace and is held in place by a single roll pin.
    Thank you....problem is it seems most used p2000's in .40 w Factory LEM.....may have been HEAVY, not light. Say, for when purchasing on GB.

You're saying that it's easy enough to change 2 of the 3 even if one got a Heavy? If all three are changed or come that way from factory Light LEM shouldn't it be around 5.5 lb then?). I've fired Factory light LEM in 45c and liked it very much

Thank you....problem is it seems most used p2000's in .40 w Factory LEM.....may have been HEAVY, not light. Say, for when purchasing on GB.

You're saying that it's easy enough to change 2 of the 3 even if one got a Heavy? If all three are changed or come that way from factory Light LEM shouldn't it be around 5.5 lb then?). I've fired Factory light LEM in 45c and liked it very much
    Yep, I think you're right. Most of them I see anyways usually seem to be V2.

Those two springs are very easy to change. To give an idea, after having done it 2 or 3 times, it would normally just take a couple minutes to change both of those. First time around, maybe it takes 5-10min going slow and paying extra attention to everything.

To change them, you'll need a 3/32 punch for both pins. Also, beware that for the firing pin block itself as well as the firing pin (both will come out when you remove the roll pin), they have a specific orientation they need to go in. Pay attention to how they come out and make sure they're rotated the same way when you put them back in.

If you do attempt it, my recommendation would be to keep the frame on its side or upside down (bottom of grip facing up). This will ensure the hammer strut stays in place and doesn't wiggle out of the frame.

As far as the V1, I forget but, from my memory I believe the trigger pull is closer to ~4.5lb but, I might be mixing that up with the USP Compact and P30. All of the numbers I posted are probably +/- 0.5lbs for factory variance but, they're generally more consistent than say factory Glock variances.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    Yep, I think you're right. Most of them I see anyways usually seem to be V2.

Those two springs are very easy to change. To give an idea, after having done it 2 or 3 times, it would normally just take a couple minutes to change both of those. First time around, maybe it takes 5-10min going slow and paying extra attention to everything.

To change them, you'll need a 3/32 punch for both pins. Also, beware that for the firing pin block itself as well as the firing pin (both will come out when you remove the roll pin), they have a specific orientation they need to go in. Pay attention to how they come out and make sure they're rotated the same way when you put them back in.

If you do attempt it, my recommendation would be to keep the frame on its side or upside down (bottom of grip facing up). This will ensure the hammer strut stays in place and doesn't wiggle out of the frame.

As far as the V1, I forget but, from my memory I believe the trigger pull is closer to ~4.5lb but, I might be mixing that up with the USP Compact and P30. All of the numbers I posted are probably +/- 0.5lbs for factory variance but, they're generally more consistent than say factory Glock variances.
    Thank you. Have you shot .40 p2000 p30 or usp compact. I assume handles recoil well as I find they do owith 124 plus p plus better than anything comparable size and weight

Thank you. Have you shot .40 p2000 p30 or usp compact. I assume handles recoil well as I find they do owith 124 plus p plus better than anything comparable size and weight
    I haven't shot the P30 in .40. I have shot both of the others in .40, and they both have extremely soft recoil for a .40, especially for the size. Last I shot was a USP40C and I was shocked. From what I remember, it felt like 9mm recoil.

Thanks...seems like either a great carry if can make it more towards Light LEMish in .40...
    DA/SA even...
    not sure if usp Compact safety would bug me...don't like having a safety on none 1911.

User Tag List