Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New P320 size edc pistol (not a Glock) suggestion?

CZ 75 Compact or CZ PCR. CZ Custom and Cajun Gun Works do some really nice upgrades to those pistols.

Or, the best of both . . . . CZ 75 Shadowline Compact. Very hard to find.

P2000 LEM or P30 LEM, either with Grayguns SRT kit

I've found the G19 5.0" height to be the Goldilocks zone for a mid-size "do all" pistol, and about the largest gun I can conceal AIWB without dressing around the gun. In this category, aside from a G19, I'd consider:

HK P2000
    HK USP Compact
    S&W M&P 2.0 Compact
    Beretta 92 Compact
    CZ 75 Compact
    CZ P10 C (a little outside the size box, but close enough)

*Edited to add: if I had an increased personal threat level, I'd be dressing around the full-size pistol that I shot the best, and carrying a spare mag: in my case a P226 DAK with 18-round Mec-Gars.
    Last edited by Sero Sed Serio; 12-04-2022 at 11:04 PM.

Yeah, the CZs are great. The triggers can become very good with simple springs and really fantastic with a little love. I had an SDP with 7.25# Da and 3.4# SA which was out of this world. Just bought a P07,and Just gonna upgrade sights and springs.

Good luck, let us know.

Dave

Site Supporter

Don’t forget about Walthers…

P99, PPQ, PDP. They’re all kinda versions of the same gun. But if you want DA/SA, you’ve gotta go P99. The PPQ and PPQ are fully cocked strikers.

Name:  9DCFE13C-6B96-4A49-A4BE-D89A5547A2BE.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  32.3 KB

I think the Walthers might be a hair bigger than a G19 in terms of length and slide width. But similar. My P99 is a tack driver. The striker-fired DA is uniquely shootable—and the SA is crazy short, crisp and quick.

A bunch of brand new P99s were imported recently. They’re still available, last I checked.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    P2000 LEM or P30 LEM, either with Grayguns SRT kit
    Agreed, I believe the P30 (or P2000) to be the best polymer framed 9mm that isn't a Glock. And no, I'm not saying the Glock is better.

Site Supporter
    Honestly, a full size beretta 92 conceals a bit better on me than a g19 just because of the way the grip is shaped. If you like DA/SA guns that’s a good option, but if you’re going down this road because of increased personal threat level I’m not sure changing things too far from what you’re used to/have trained the most with is the best call.

The P365 Macro would seem to be the best option, especially considering that you already know you shoot the P365 well.

Otherwise, you state you already have experience with Glocks, so a G19/17/45 MOS with a dot would be the second easy answer to getting a more capable gun that might justify switching platforms.

But sticking to what you already have, just bigger and with a dot added would be your best bang for buck considering familiarity and I assume a pressing time frame with regards to your higher threat level.

Edit to add: I don't have any personal experience with the P365, in any size, but I do shoot Glocks and M&Ps. Just switching between those requires a bit of a transition period for anything more than casual plinking. I've focused pretty much totally on the Glock just for logistical reasons, even though it is the harder gun for me to shoot well.

Site Supporter
    Have you considered the Wilson Combat Grip Module?
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Site Supporter
    Beretta 92 or compact, Beretta PX4 compact (or LTT CC), Beretta APX compact, CZ75 Compact, CZ P10.

Or just, you know, get a Glock.

User Tag List