Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: LTT Grip Anchor for Glock 19

Does this prevent the mag base pad corner from printing? Or does it just slightly round the edge.

Looks like it might just create another corner to print further down.

I would say it depends a lot on the shirt you are wearing. It can make a corner print lower but at the same time the standard G19 grip and 15 Round magazine can give me two corners that print in a tighter shirt. I find the two corners also provide more spots the drag my shirt up when moving. It's a non-issue either way with a looser shirt for me.

Has anyone tried one of these on a PSA Dagger or other aftermarket G19 frame?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I've been going back and forth on trying one of these since they came out, but have held off because I didn't think it could make that much of a difference.

I have a G19 and G45 in matching configurations for carry and choose between them based on what I'm wearing and the level of concealment I need. My hands are on the larger size and I find that the G45 feels much better in my hands, and while I don't notice a huge difference shooting there is quite a big difference in my grip consistency from an AIWB draw.

I received my grip anchors in the mail this morning and got them installed and I'll be damned if it doesn't make my G19 feel almost as good as the G45. I'll have to put in some time to see if it actually helps with the draw, but so far I'm very pleased.

My only complaint is the shiny silver screw used for the installation. Aesthetically, I hate shiny parts on an otherwise all black gun. That doesn't matter to me as much as the function, but I'd still prefer a black screw.

I'm going to be the outlier on this. Bought one when this thread first came out. After installing I did a couple dry fire sessions. I agree it helped my grip but my reloads were noticeably worse with G19 mags. G19 mags were flush with the bottom of the grip anchor and for whatever reason (operator error) sometimes the mags failed to seat. The juice wasnt worth the squeeze so I removed it

I didnt have this issue using G17 mags.
    Don’t just sit there – do something short sighted and stupid!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I've been going back and forth on trying one of these since they came out, but have held off because I didn't think it could make that much of a difference.

I have a G19 and G45 in matching configurations for carry and choose between them based on what I'm wearing and the level of concealment I need. My hands are on the larger size and I find that the G45 feels much better in my hands, and while I don't notice a huge difference shooting there is quite a big difference in my grip consistency from an AIWB draw.

I received my grip anchors in the mail this morning and got them installed and I'll be damned if it doesn't make my G19 feel almost as good as the G45. I'll have to put in some time to see if it actually helps with the draw, but so far I'm very pleased.

My only complaint is the shiny silver screw used for the installation. Aesthetically, I hate shiny parts on an otherwise all black gun. That doesn't matter to me as much as the function, but I'd still prefer a black screw.
    The shiny screw never bothered me until you pointed it out. I'd imagine hitting the screw with some cold blue then re-installing would solve the issue economically and aesthetically. I may resort to a black sharpie if that doesn't work.

Site Supporter

I got a G45 about a year ago and was surprised how much I liked it. It was my first Glock in an over 40-year shooting career. Then I got a G19 because everyone seems to think it's the perfect size for carry. I disliked how the shorter grip felt when shooting. Then I added a Grip Anchor. Now the G45 is the dedicated training gun, and the G19 is the carry gun. I slightly prefer the feel of the G19 w/Grip Anchor over that of the G45.

Glock's Blue Label program sucked me in.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Quote Originally Posted by centex View Post
    The shiny screw never bothered me until you pointed it out. I'd imagine hitting the screw with some cold blue then re-installing would solve the issue economically and aesthetically. I may resort to a black sharpie if that doesn't work.
    Cold blue could work. I tried sharpie and didn't have great results.

I've been wrapping my grip with hockey tape to help with my sweaty hands, and that covers it up nicely. My brain still knows it isn't black though.

I've been wrapping my grip with hockey tape to help with my sweaty hands, and that covers it up nicely. My brain still knows it isn't black though.
    Get an orange appendix holster and all you will see is orange!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

You guys are obsessing a bit, me thinks. The screw is kinda buried in the rear grip, and it's not like it's a million candlewatt flashing beacon....

After reading the discussion/concern, I took my Birchwood Casey Super Black Instant Touch Up Pen, made sure it was paint activated, put it in the recess, pumped the pen a couple of times, and voila, a significantly blackened screw end.

Problem (and not that it was much of one to begin with...) solved...

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

User Tag List