Thread: Q5SF/PDP Magazine Baseplates?

Q5SF/PDP Magazine Baseplates?

Taking a flyer here.

I have a Q5SF Pro (with factory magwell). The 15+2 factory capacity is one of the only things I find disappointing about the gun, especially for the length of the factory 17 round magazines and what Walther gets for them.

The PDP full-size 18 round mags are barely longer than the factory magwell and appear to use the same follower design and magazine catch placement. They lock into the gun and work fine.

Is anybody aware of an aftermarket baseplate that makes the 18 round PDP mag index properly with the factory magwell? This seems like an obvious improvement over the Q5SF magazines.

Site Supporter
    Call Taylor Freelance. They made the original Factory magazine extensions and have different options.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Site Supporter
    Please give us an update if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    Taking a flyer here.

I have a Q5SF Pro (with factory magwell). The 15+2 factory capacity is one of the only things I find disappointing about the gun, especially for the length of the factory 17 round magazines and what Walther gets for them.

The PDP full-size 18 round mags are barely longer than the factory magwell and appear to use the same follower design and magazine catch placement. They lock into the gun and work fine.

Is anybody aware of an aftermarket baseplate that makes the 18 round PDP mag index properly with the factory magwell? This seems like an obvious improvement over the Q5SF magazines.
    The Walther PDP SD Pro Compact comes with 18-rd mag and baseplates that correctly index in the 15-rd Compact grip which is the same grip length as the SF series.

Compact baseplate on the right: (not my pics)
    Name:  4776DDFC-D238-4414-9F23-8A35EB577C21.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  53.9 KB

Name:  DB865016-8E03-4A9D-9E2E-18604492030D.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  77.5 KB

I believe the PDP Compact 18s will end up not locking in. The gap between the bottom of the magwell and the baseplate on the full-size mags is maybe 1/8".

When I get a couple days off I'll try to get some pictures and measurements.

As much as I don't like magazine "sleeves" I think this could be accomplished with a 3D printed sleeve.

I will reach out to Taylor Freelance but I have found that compatibility between various Q5SF magwell and bases is complicated. I'm using TTI bases on my gun because they work with the factory magwell.

Reviving a kind of old thread.

Some of your know that I'm a (very) small time FFL. I recently got a Q5SF Match "Pro" in for a customer. The gun, as most of you probably know, comes with a magazine well and three 17 round magazines. They have also been massively discounted with several distributors recently (PDP-SF coming?). Anyway...this gun came with three 18 round PDP magazines with a baseplate that made them compatible with the factory magwell. I could not tell if this was the PDP Pro compact magazine and baseplate as shown above or not. I suppose as long as the taper is right, they could be.

User Tag List