Thread: P230 .380 classic Sig

P230 .380 classic Sig

Picked up the above. West German stamped, KC /92 date code which is odd. Perhaps old stock before unification.

Looking for a rear sight has been frustrating. Appears to be Glock angle, as one will slip right in, but of course doesn't provide proper sight picture with the fixed front.

The installed rear is definitely not stock and shoots 15" high at 25 yards. However, with an adjusted hold, it will cut the x out. It's a laser.

Any leads on where to find a replacement, or another manufacturer that fits? Perhaps Bersa, or PPK/s rear?

I've tried Numrich, Top Gun Supply, Brownells.

I had dumped .380 years ago, but this thing is simply gorgeous, and I had trade fodder collecting dust.

I've already cut down a 10-8 low mount Novak to get me by, but it's sub optimal.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Picked up the above. West German stamped, KC /92 date code which is odd. Perhaps old stock before unification.

Looking for a rear sight has been frustrating. Appears to be Glock angle, as one will slip right in, but of course doesn't provide proper sight picture with the fixed front.

The installed rear is definitely not stock and shoots 15" high at 25 yards. However, with an adjusted hold, it will cut the x out. It's a laser.

Any leads on where to find a replacement, or another manufacturer that fits? Perhaps Bersa, or PPK/s rear?

I've tried Numrich, Top Gun Supply, Brownells.

I had dumped .380 years ago, but this thing is simply gorgeous, and I had trade fodder collecting dust.

I've already cut down a 10-8 low mount Novak to get me by, but it's sub optimal.
    Would a P232 rear work?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334253921408

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post

That's actually what come on it. Below is my needed hold.

Name:  20221201_225440.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  20.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    They had a lot of those, I think. I've seen 230s stamped "made in w germany" up through the mid 90s. I think mine was 1994? Sold it awhile back.

A bit before the era of the kel tec P11 / Glock 26 / etc brought on by the AWB but also before the CCW revolution so I assume most of their sales were probably LE, either for backup guns or those odd European police that continued to issue the Makarov-size, smaller-caliber pistols because reasons. By the 90s I don't think they were selling as many as they used to... So like you said, I assume it took a while to use up old parts.

PM sent.

Good luck with the search!

Great pistols. I have both a .380 and a .32 ACP. The .380s were a common backup gun carried in an inside body armor pocket by SAS and FBI-HRT along others. My .32 ACP is a former Italian municipal police gun.
    Last edited by Outpost75; 12-02-2022 at 10:38 PM.

I had a P230 late 80's and early 90's. It was the first and only reliable .380 I ever owned until the G42 and the LCP. Somehow I got convinced it was a "mousegun" by the gun rag propoganda of the time and sold it to stick with a J frame instead. I hope you enjoy this one and I hope I this thread does not inspire me to find one and make a nostalgia purchase. Taggin the thread to see where you end up on the sights in case I ever do fall to my ever stronger nostalgia vice.

Well, I'll just make one.

Started with this:

Name:  2020-06-17_13.48.58-2__06268.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  26.8 KB

A bit of work with a Dremel, hand file, and calipers:

Name:  20221204_172823.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  14.0 KB

Shoots to POA at 25 yards, no purchase necessary.

User Tag List