Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: G19 FTFeed first round of slidelock reload

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    If you liked the Vickers, I recommend buying a Glock OEM extended magazine release and filing it down to your liking. That are new sights are basically the only changes I make to my Glocks at this point.
    Good idea, I've heard of folks doing that. I'll give it a try. I may also try modifying a standard length part, see what I can come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I'm strongly considering ditching my two current Gen 3 19s that both have a verity of aftermarket parts for two new gen 4s that I won't modify in any way.
    Assuming you use the slide release to drop the slide during a reload, have you tried using the standard-length OEM slide release with wet or even moist hands? IME, it doesn't take much moisture for me to start slipping on the stock release.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

You know what's funny? I used the stock release for a decade in various Glocks before switching.

What I find odd is that the gun worked fine for probably 1k+ rounds after the switch and then just started having problems out of nowhere.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Interesting read. I also have a G19 with several thousand rounds that started having this issue. In my case I would insert the magazine, thumb the slide stop, and it would hang just long enough for me to realize what had happened and then drop on its own.

I'm strongly considering ditching my two current Gen 3 19s that both have a verity of aftermarket parts for two new gen 4s that I won't modify in any way.
    A question: Considering the first hand accounts of problems we have heard about the Gen4 Glocks, why wouldn't you just go back to stock parts in your Gen3s?

Quote Originally Posted by ed l View Post
    A question: Considering the first hand accounts of problems we have heard about the Gen4 Glocks, why wouldn't you just go back to stock parts in your Gen3s?
    The threes seem equally plagued, and depending on downers you read the fours may or may not be better off now.

My threes also have decided to develop extractor issues in a edition to the problems in this thread.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

User Tag List