Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Assassination of Parking Authority Officer

Assassination Attempt of Parking Authority Officer

It matters not whether you're actually a full fledged cop, parking authority officer, jailer, fireman, EMT, etc.

If you're wearing a uniform...particularly one with some sort of badge....you are a target since most people can't tell the difference. If you're one of the latter categories that typically wouldn't consider yourself with the same target on your back as a cop, think again. Be cautious. Avoid being in your uniform if you don't need to be. Change at work, commute in street clothes. etc etc.

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1597808974295728128

I'm not sure if this belongs in the LE subforum, since the intended audience is really for people who may resemble cops but aren't cops and typically don't take the same levels of precaution.
    Last edited by TGS; 11-30-2022 at 09:29 AM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    My former department issues and requires body armor for animal services and parking enforcement officers. Current campus employer recently mandated armor for uniform public safety officers. Surprisingly, most of the whining about that had died out and we haven't had many seek medical excuses not to wear armor.

It's generally not my place to post in the LE forum, and I don't have anything to say really, other than this: Watching this made me very, very angry.

Fuck a fuckin' duck. WTaF is WRONG with the world?

PLEASE be careful if you wear any kind of uniform. For those of you who commute to work in uniform - you're on the clock, and on the "X" the minute you open the door of your residence until you close it behind you at end of your shift.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    It's generally not my place to post in the LE forum, and I don't have anything to say really, other than this: Watching this made me very, very angry.
    This
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Assassination of Parking Authority Officer

We almost never get targeted and I hate wearing my uniform. Something I appreciated about the culture in my last organization was maintaining lower visibility when possible. My new job has more of a recruiting focus and I’ve gotten talked to for not being in uniform enough. I don’t know how people can go around and conduct normal business like that, my boss drives 90 minutes twice a day in uniform and runs errands on the way.

I just don’t want the attention. This would be a whole other level of concern for anything resembling an LE uniform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Site Supporter
    I have a friend who's now counting down the months until she retires from Fairfax County VA SO, and they've been discouraged from wearing uniforms commuting for at least a decade.

I don't wear anything fire service related off duty, do my best to look like the average suburban dad bod old guy when I'm out in public.
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I couldn’t rally up to watch it.

I work for the feds and my boss just approved $800 for uniform allowance. I purged all my shields and emblems and uniform stuff after Bundy and the Wildlife Refuge take over. I’ll take the hit from my leadership for not wearing the uniform when required then be a sponge for the rage of the public.

Site Supporter
    Tragic.

For those working in plainclothes, be aware of tells like emergency lights in your car and especially parking placards. That “XYZ Federal Law Enforcement” placard on the dash might save you a parking ticket, but it also signals to everyone walking by for however long you’re parked that a cop, likely alone, is coming back to that exact spot eventually. It fixes you predictably in a transitional space.

Upgraded from critical to stable.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...e-job/3438773/

User Tag List