Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0 5in Metal Competitor

I like it. I’m going to give it the nickname the Disco M&P. It just has that disco pizazz to it. I’d like one in 357 Sig. The disco M&P in 357 Sig, with a red dot can lay down rounds at 100 yards (still moving supersonic) like a damn dancing queen.

I'm going to hazard a guess that the lightening cuts are related to cycling reliability. The 1.0 5-inch guns were known to have spotty ejection with weak ammo (minor power factor), hence why they probably added the small nose cut to the 5-inch 2.0 model. The additional nose cuts and holes on this new model are probably made to further improve cycling with gamer loads.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by sickeness View Post
    I'm going to hazard a guess that the lightening cuts are related to cycling reliability. The 1.0 5-inch guns were known to have spotty ejection with weak ammo (minor power factor), hence why they probably added the small nose cut to the 5-inch 2.0 model. The additional nose cuts and holes on this new model are probably made to further improve cycling with gamer loads.
    Excellent guess! Slide weight, lock up, and to a lesser extent springs must be designed to operate together.

When the cluster man dude in Oregon sells his CZ's and starts buying Smith pistols, then we'll know they work. My lgs owner sold me an unfired M&P compact for $380 out the door. A nerd bought it, and the next day his mama brought it back. I loaned it to the teen I mentor(with permission)and told his guardian that I didn't want it back. Grandpa has a safe. Anyway, this pistol is a good specimen.

I’m sorry that it’s speed holes and not some form of compensator, and I would be all over one in .357 Sig. I’m in the M&P ecosystem and I kind of want one.

The .357 Sig round and the M&P did not play well together.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    I’m sorry that it’s speed holes and not some form of compensator, and I would be all over one in .357 Sig. I’m in the M&P ecosystem and I kind of want one.
    The compensator would kinda defeat the "Conpetitor" moniker.

Quote Originally Posted by sickeness View Post
    Not only that, a lot of people find that the nose heavy guns return low from recoil. I have actually seen a slight shift away from the really heavy guns for competition lately with users citing handling as the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Not only that, a lot of people find that the nose heavy guns return low from recoil. I have actually seen a slight shift away from the really heavy guns for competition lately with users citing handling as the reason.
    A friend of mine has been shooting a M&P metal lower with a five inch upper from a 2.0, and the weight doesn't hold him back it all. That said, the perception is a heavier lower is better for striker pistols. Wish I could shoot a steel and aluminum M&P side by side.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    A friend of mine has been shooting a M&P metal lower with a five inch upper from a 2.0, and the weight doesn't hold him back it all. That said, the perception is a heavier lower is better for striker pistols. Wish I could shoot a steel and aluminum M&P side by side.
    Right, didn't say it was a rule or even that I buy into to it, but have seen that the Stoeger contingent among others have been working with stuff like PDP's. I love my Q5 but maybe if I was a better shooter I would notice that a lighter upper end would be more beneficial. Something really weird to me, I was shooting my Legion Carry in a match and never noticed the slide lock back when empty after I lost count. Everything else I can feel it on. I am sure it is at least in part because of the heavy bottom end and short slide.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    The compensator would kinda defeat the "Conpetitor" moniker.
    I basically just want a .357 Sig metal M&P Roland special to hold on to during the tough times ahead whether it makes sense or not.

Name:  5C3379B3-A2E4-4771-AEE3-6D9DBD0EC401.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  38.4 KB

User Tag List