Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0 5in Metal Competitor

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I assumed that the new Canik steel model Rival would be an absolute home run, but between personal observation, and following reports over on Enos, I am not sure it is necessarily better than the polymer Rival..
    Wow. This is surprising it’s not just blowing the doors off the much lighter Rival. Is the balance off or does it track oddly or something. What’s the “why?”

Is it normal for the front strap insert to have movement, and wiggle/rattle around? Also, is it normal that when you dry fire, the slide shifts to the side when the sear is released?

Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post
    Is it normal for the front strap insert to have movement, and wiggle/rattle around? Also, is it normal that when you dry fire, the slide shifts to the side when the sear is released?
    Can't speak for the former, but for the latter - having had a couple of M&P 1.0 guns - it's normal to see the slide shift a bit when the sear breaks from the rear...sample size of two, though.

Site Supporter
    Every M&P I've owned, mostly 9mm 2.0s and one 1.0c, has done that slide shift relative to the frame when dry fired. Drove me crazy.

Would anybody with an apex barrel care to chime in on if their slide shifts? My 320 would shift vertically, but not with a mag inserted. Not the most confidence inspiring thing in regards to accuracy/precision, but maybe it’s a non issue.

Would anybody with an apex barrel care to chime in on if their slide shifts? My 320 would shift vertically, but not with a mag inserted. Not the most confidence inspiring thing in regards to accuracy/precision, but maybe it’s a non issue.
    Yes all my M&P have it even with a fitted Apex.
    It does not affect accuracy at all.

Anyone know of mag extensions that work with the factory magwell? I’ve heard the Taran’s don’t fit.

Bought the new competitor a couple of weeks ago. After several hundred rounds I've already sold it. Very disappointed in the 'Pro Series' performance. With a bench rest couldn't come close to accuracy of an Apex barrel, dismal trigger with a lot of uptake, relatively heavy pull and very indistinct reset. Again couldn't match an Apex comp trigger. By the way, my Pro Series 1.0 5" M&P is my favorite...Apexed out as above. Can't see spending $1000 for the competitor and have to sink another $400 in it to hopefully match my ancient 1.0. Next step is to put Apex match barrel in my 2.0 which already has the flatfaced forward set trigger and call it good. Beats me why S&W couldn't put this combo out to start with is they really wanted a 'PRO SERIES".

Quote Originally Posted by chances R View Post
    Bought the new competitor a couple of weeks ago. After several hundred rounds I've already sold it. Very disappointed in the 'Pro Series' performance. With a bench rest couldn't come close to accuracy of an Apex barrel, dismal trigger with a lot of uptake, relatively heavy pull and very indistinct reset. Again couldn't match an Apex comp trigger. By the way, my Pro Series 1.0 5" M&P is my favorite...Apexed out as above. Can't see spending $1000 for the competitor and have to sink another $400 in it to hopefully match my ancient 1.0. Next step is to put Apex match barrel in my 2.0 which already has the flatfaced forward set trigger and call it good. Beats me why S&W couldn't put this combo out to start with is they really wanted a 'PRO SERIES".
    Thats a shame. A STEEL metal frame competitor with 1-.5 - 2 inch accuracy at 25 yards would have been a Canik style muscle car (we're not a Ferrari, but we'll still beat a Ferrari off the line...) and have a built in demand from M&P users or those preferring US made guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Thats a shame. A STEEL metal frame competitor with 1-.5 - 2 inch accuracy at 25 yards would have been a Canik style muscle car (we're not a Ferrari, but we'll still beat a Ferrari off the line...) and have a built in demand from M&P users or those preferring US made guns.
    Name a new product that S&W has introduced in the last five years that didn't leave you scratching your head about. Anyone?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List