Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0 5in Metal Competitor

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post
    Anyone know of mag extensions that work with the factory magwell? I’ve heard the Taran’s don’t fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Came here to ask the same question.

Didn't see an answer.

is the factory magwell a factory part or is it an adopted / rebranded aftermarket item ?
    To answer my own question apparently the Springer Precision and Taylor Freelance magazine extensions are compatible with the factory Magwell on the Competitor.

Site Supporter
    To answer my own question apparently the Springer Precision and Taylor Freelance magazine extensions are compatible with the factory Magwell on the Competitor.
    Apparently the Henning Group mag extensions also work with the factory Magwell.

I tried a buddy's TTI extensions and they did not fit in my Competitor. That's good to know on the other brands that work.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    I tried a buddy's TTI extensions and they did not fit in my Competitor. That's good to know on the other brands that work.
    TTI not working is what prompted the question.

I’ve had good luck with the Henning extensions on SIG 320 mags so that’s what I plan on going with.

Back around Black Friday I took advantage of a sale through Night Fision and purchased some optic height sights. I preferred to go with simple, black sights but the only options were fiber or tritium, so I chose the cheaper fiber. The 507 Competition on a CHPWS plate is high enough that the irons are low and out of the way but still easy to use.
    Name:  20240302_191230.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  26.0 KB
    Name:  20240302_191709.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  27.9 KB
    Name:  20240302_191531.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  18.0 KB

I had a Safariland 6390RDS for a 4.25" barrel M&P that wasn't getting much use so I removed the muzzle block and the 5" Competitior fit in great, even with the 507 Competition mounted. Apparently all Safariland M&P9 shells are the same but the muzzle blocks differ. The Competitor's extended mag release is a little close to the holster body so I may trim that area a little.
    Name:  20240302_191852.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  34.6 KB
    Name:  20240302_191744.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  27.1 KB
    Name:  20240302_191805.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  33.1 KB

When the Competitior was introduced, I was underwhelmed, hoping for a steel frame but I've honestly really enjoyed it. It's only a range toy for me, but since I've had it, it goes on EVERY range trip.

Site Supporter
    I finally got mine to the range Thursday.

This SKU came with a Holosun 407 mounted. It will likely get swapped for an SRO or Holosun 507 Comp.

Name:  IMG_5237.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  86.3 KB

Freestyle from 25 yards with generic 115gr.

Name:  IMG_5235.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  25.5 KB

First impression is > the PDP.

So do the Holosun Optics with the RMR footprint direct mount? Sorry if it's a dumb question, the last two M&P's I had were the early .45 ACP's. I am thinking of buying the Competitor but the plastic optic mounts seem silly.

I finally got mine to the range Thursday.

This SKU came with a Holosun 407 mounted. It will likely get swapped for an SRO or Holosun 507 Comp.

Name:  IMG_5237.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  86.3 KB

Freestyle from 25 yards with generic 115gr.

Name:  IMG_5235.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  25.5 KB

First impression is > the PDP.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by deuce9166 View Post
    So do the Holosun Optics with the RMR footprint direct mount? Sorry if it's a dumb question, the last two M&P's I had were the early .45 ACP's. I am thinking of buying the Competitor but the plastic optic mounts seem silly.
    No, all RMR mounts will need a plate, either factory or aftermarket.

The only direct mount optic for an M&P 2.0 CORE is a the Holosun SCS

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by deuce9166 View Post
    No.

It’s the standard M&P CORE system with RMR pattern plate which is plastic.

This particular SKU comes with the holosun optic mounted from the factory.

IME the problems with the CORE have more to do with using longer screws which pass through both the optic and the plate than with the plastic plates.

But if you can’t wrap your head around plastic optics plates, there are several metal aftermarket options.

Ok, Thanks. I'll see what I can find. Calculated Kinetics looks promising, just afraid it wont work with an ALS holster. I wish Forward Controls made one. Appreciate the response.

No.

It’s the standard M&P CORE system with RMR pattern plate which is plastic.

This particular SKU comes with the holosun optic mounted from the factory.

IME the problems with the CORE have more to do with using longer screws which pass through both the optic and the plate than with the plastic plates.

But if you can’t wrap your head around plastic optics plates, there are several metal aftermarket options.

User Tag List