Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beretta: G vs lo-Profile

Site Supporter

Beretta: G vs lo-Profile

i dug around and couldn't find anything.

i've got G conversions, they're dandy, but i wish the levers were low-profile, it'd be great to eliminate the right side entirely.
    On occasion i default back to thumbs up shooting and the safety whacks me.
    I never use the decocker either, USPSA pinch-the-hammer technique dies hard.

Wilson does makes a one-sided G safety.
    https://shopwilsoncombat.com/DE-COCK...oductinfo/637/

AND

a low profile not-G safety.
    https://shopwilsoncombat.com/SAFETY_...oductinfo/636/

apparently a lo-profile one sided G lever isn't a thing.

Should I:
    -just deal with the chunky G.
    -De-G it and go to the low profile.
    -Get the wilson one-sider and file it down?

thanks

File to fit.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

I’ve wondered the same. The comment on the Wilson page “Minor Fitting Required when Installing on a Current G Model” makes me curious, but I figure if it was that easy it would be common knowledge. (I have current LTT Elites.)
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Cool

Just put a D slide on it. No more levers!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’ve wondered the same. The comment on the Wilson page “Minor Fitting Required when Installing on a Current G Model” makes me curious, but I figure if it was that easy it would be common knowledge. (I have current LTT Elites.)
    I found an old thread on here saying that they wilson lever is actually for an older "G" slide and the part won't work in an LTT without Wilson milling a new hole in the slide.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....sided-decocker

Quote Originally Posted by librarian45 View Post
    I found an old thread on here saying that they wilson lever is actually for an older "G" slide and the part won't work in an LTT without Wilson milling a new hole in the slide.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....sided-decocker
    And that is that. Thanks for finding that thread!

Maybe a better contoured right side lever would be a thing, because while the lever isn’t really wide a lot of people don’t care for the shape. It’s only been a subject of mild curiosity for me, I doubt I’d change mine.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

To add some detail for anyone who comes across this thread. These are the old on the right and new on the left safeties/decockers.
    Name:  20190608_085813.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  62.1 KB
    The old one can knock out the 2 small pins and remove the right side lever completely. Then just figure out a bit of grinding to smooth/recontour the shape of the remaining slotted shaft. The new one could have the right side lever ground away completely. But the 'barrel' section needs to remain because that is where the tiny clock spring resides. It might be able to be reduced slightly but not removed. Because the left side levers are solid on both, they can be ground down some to make them less obnoxious. BTW, although the new one looks wider, if you caliper them outside edges of the levers, the new one is actually a slight bit narrower.
    Name:  new = 1.462.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  35.8 KB
    Name:  old = 1.525.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  37.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by CraigS; 11-29-2022 at 08:25 AM.

Site Supporter
    It’s it exceedingly annoying to pull the ambi-G out and convert it back to pre-G with the Wilson low-pro?

Quote Originally Posted by librarian45 View Post
    It’s it exceedingly annoying to pull the ambi-G out and convert it back to pre-G with the Wilson low-pro?
    The Wilson from the first link in OP is for G slides. Vertec slides and, AFAIK, all other current production Beretta slides are NOT G slides, they are basically F slides converted to G. The actual G slide was designed from the ground up to be G and that allows for a lower profile lever on right side, compared to a converted F slide.

I dont think there is any way to convert a modern slide to use the product from the first link in OP, would be interested in being corrected on this.

If you really dont care about functionality of the decockers then grinding down the legs seems like a solution.

Name:  IMG_20221129_142200.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  17.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_20221129_142210.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  18.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_20221129_142335.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  21.5 KB

The single sided safety is effectively the width of the slide. 1.119

User Tag List