Thread: Holosun EPS or 509T for Glock 22

Holosun EPS or 509T for Glock 22

I’m thinking of having another Glock 22 slide milled for a dot. I’ve got a 22 and a 23 currently with a Holosun 509T, and have not any any issues. I’d like to try the EPS, but I wonder how the screw down mount will fare with the .40 recoil as compared to th cross bolt mounting or the 509. What are your thoughts? Should I stick with another 509T, or would the EPS handle the recoil just as well?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Phred View Post
    I’m thinking of having another Glock 22 slide milled for a dot. I’ve got a 22 and a 23 currently with a Holosun 509T, and have not any any issues. I’d like to try the EPS, but I wonder how the screw down mount will fare with the .40 recoil as compared to th cross bolt mounting or the 509. What are your thoughts? Should I stick with another 509T, or would the EPS handle the recoil just as well?
    Cross bolt for .40.

Plenty of folks are running RMRs and such on calibers larger than 9x19, so I’d wager the EPS would handle it just fine. That being said, the crossbolt is a stronger mounting system in general, so if you want extra peace of mind, I’d go that route.

Site Supporter
    I am wringing out a P2 on a direct milled Glock 22 as we speak. This will become my EDC over a directed milled G17 with a 507 in the next few weeks for the winter.

A. If this is a range toy/competition piece- do whatever.

B. If this was an EDC/Duty bet my life on it tool- I would go with the strongest mounting system possible.

C. If this was a nightstand gun and I could afford it, I would do B, otherwise I would go the less expensive route.

Let us know what you decide and why.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

I would stick with the 509. I don’t like being an early adopter for things. Especially electronic things. The marketed advantages for the EPS are not interesting to me anyways.

I’ve told myself that if I build a 23.5 with a RDS, this time I’ll direct mill for a ACRO 2. I’m learning to like Holosun, but I’m still a little leery of them.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    I've had an unfired Gen5 G23 in the safe for several months. One of these days it'll get milled for a 509T.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I've had an unfired Gen5 G23 in the safe for several months. One of these days it'll get milled for a 509T.
    Make that 8-12 weeks. I actually forgot about this gun, this thread made me remember Jagerwerks still had their sale going on. They've done 3 Gen5 19's for me. $100 for milling and nitrite is a good deal in my book.

User Tag List