Thread: 40 S&W barrel for G29SF?

40 S&W barrel for G29SF?

Anyone have experience with these, in Glock 20 or 29?

Any recommendations?

Any reliability problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Dov View Post

Any recommendations?

I run 40 s&w out of my stock 20 and two mags through my XDME compact 10mm

Quote Originally Posted by Dov View Post

Any recommendations?

I recommend the KKM conversion barrel. I ran a G20SF with a .40S&W KKM conversion barrel for a while. I only used it for about 500 or 600 rounds but it ran great with zero reliability problems. It was my favorite way to run .40S&W ammo at that time.

Site Supporter
    I shoot .40 in my Glock 40 10mm and so far I have not had any issues.

I know people shoot 40 in their 10's but I'm not comfortable doing that.

FWIW when the Glock 36 first came out, baby single stack 45 ACP, got to test fire one of first ones in region at one of my favorite little family owned gunshops.

Cool gunshop they didn't even plan to sell the first one but kept it as demo so people could test fire one to see if they'd really be interested.

Anyway one of people who shot it before I got a chance to visit the shop managed to load a single 40 S&W round in mag with rest of rounds being correct 45 ACP.

It fired the 40 S&W case and fireformed it to the 45 ACP chamber.

I don't recall at this point if they said the gun cycled fully with the 40 round, but they kept the fireformed case to show everyone.

Long term extractor issues are the problem I believe but Glock 10mms seem to care not so much. I wouldn't worry about the barrel unless shooting nuclear .40 in which case why not shoot nuclear 10mm? .40 is .40 it's the extractor that takes a very slow prolonged hit. Glock tupperware don't care like a pricey 10mm 1911 might

User Tag List